Harmony Central Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Brand New Quad Results

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Brand New Quad Results

    Gentlemen -

    Just got my Quad yesterday and ran a couple of benchmarks.

    You'll need a copy of Xbench on your Mac to check these out.

    However the Cinebench is just a plain old text file.

    Enjoy!

    Jer

    http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/30/wo/aYTEBidqWq2Xr96x.1/0.2.1.2.26.31.97.2.35.0.1.1.1?user=jaronensley&fpa th=New%20Quad%20Benchmarks%2011-2005&templatefn=FileSharing3.html

  • #2
    Originally posted by jaronensley
    Gentlemen -

    Just got my Quad yesterday and ran a couple of benchmarks.

    You'll need a copy of Xbench on your Mac to check these out.

    However the Cinebench is just a plain old text file.

    Enjoy!

    Jer

    http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/30/wo/aYTEBidqWq2Xr96x.1/0.2.1.2.26.31.97.2.35.0.1.1.1?user=jaronensley&fpa th=New%20Quad%20Benchmarks%2011-2005&templatefn=FileSharing3.html


    So it's quick huh??

    Rimmer
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Rimmer -

      Ummm.....yeah.

      Please remember as well that I was running those tests against my old TiBook 400Mhz G4/768 RAM.

      My G5's only upgrade at this point is the nVidia 6600 card, so it's still only running the 512K of stock RAM.

      Wait until I get my hands on a good deal for a pair of 2GB DDR sticks, baby - then HANG ON.

      If you know of any good deals out there Rim, lemme know.

      I've got one place that's out of stock, but only wants $600 all day long for a pair of 2GB sticks.

      Later,

      Jer

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jaronensley
        Rimmer -

        Ummm.....yeah.

        Please remember as well that I was running those tests against my old TiBook 400Mhz G4/768 RAM.

        My G5's only upgrade at this point is the nVidia 6600 card, so it's still only running the 512K of stock RAM.

        Wait until I get my hands on a good deal for a pair of 2GB DDR sticks, baby - then HANG ON.

        If you know of any good deals out there Rim, lemme know.

        I've got one place that's out of stock, but only wants $600 all day long for a pair of 2GB sticks.

        Later,

        Jer


        Didn't get to the tests as I don't have Benchmark. It will only depress me anyway..

        I'm in the Uk so I don't have any recommendations for cheap ram. 2GB sticks are expensive I know. I'm still running 640 Mb's in a first gen G4. Still works well though but could do with a quick G5..

        Rimmer
        <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

        Comment


        • #5
          Rim -

          My PB worked just fine for years - now it feels like it's broken.

          It's kickin' ass.

          Take care - and if you want you can email me at jaronensley@mac.com for the attachment benchmarks.

          Otherwise, go to xbench.com to download it and test your own rig.

          Later,

          Jer

          Comment


          • #6
            Jaron - Best deals on RAM I've found are usually at OWC - www.macsales.com

            Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jaronensley
              Rim -

              My PB worked just fine for years - now it feels like it's broken.

              It's kickin' ass.

              Take care - and if you want you can email me at jaronensley@mac.com for the attachment benchmarks.

              Otherwise, go to xbench.com to download it and test your own rig.

              Later,

              Jer


              Thanks..

              I think I tested my G4/400 when I first got it as was amazed.. That was some years ago though.



              Rimmer
              <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

              Comment


              • #8
                The G5 quad is on my shopping list for Jan. 3rd
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Century Gothic"><b>&quot;I have the two qualities you require to see the absolute truth... I am brilliant and unloved&quot;.</b><font color="darkred"> - Miss Evangelista, Dr. Who ep. &quot;Silence In The Library&quot;</font></font></div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  Damn that is a sweet machine. :thu:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    BTW, has anyone ran any comparisons with equal like Windows box?

                    There are a few Wintendriods that are still claiming than anything on their side is still blowing Quade G5s out of the water.

                    http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14445931#post14445931

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X