Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Brand New Quad Results

Gentlemen -

Just got my Quad yesterday and ran a couple of benchmarks.

You'll need a copy of Xbench on your Mac to check these out.

However the Cinebench is just a plain old text file.

Enjoy!

Jer

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/30/wo/aYTEBidqWq2Xr96x.1/0.2.1.2.26.31.97.2.35.0.1.1.1?user=jaronensley&fpa th=New%20Quad%20Benchmarks%2011-2005&templatefn=FileSharing3.html

Originally posted by jaronensley
    Gentlemen -

Just got my Quad yesterday and ran a couple of benchmarks.

You'll need a copy of Xbench on your Mac to check these out.

However the Cinebench is just a plain old text file.

Enjoy!

Jer

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/30/wo/aYTEBidqWq2Xr96x.1/0.2.1.2.26.31.97.2.35.0.1.1.1?user=jaronensley&fpa th=New%20Quad%20Benchmarks%2011-2005&templatefn=FileSharing3.html

So it's quick huh??

Rimmer
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Rimmer -

Ummm.....yeah.

Please remember as well that I was running those tests against my old TiBook 400Mhz G4/768 RAM.

My G5's only upgrade at this point is the nVidia 6600 card, so it's still only running the 512K of stock RAM.

Wait until I get my hands on a good deal for a pair of 2GB DDR sticks, baby - then HANG ON.

If you know of any good deals out there Rim, lemme know.

I've got one place that's out of stock, but only wants $600 all day long for a pair of 2GB sticks.

Later,

Jer

Comment

Rimmer -

Ummm.....yeah.

Please remember as well that I was running those tests against my old TiBook 400Mhz G4/768 RAM.

My G5's only upgrade at this point is the nVidia 6600 card, so it's still only running the 512K of stock RAM.

Wait until I get my hands on a good deal for a pair of 2GB DDR sticks, baby - then HANG ON.

If you know of any good deals out there Rim, lemme know.

I've got one place that's out of stock, but only wants $600 all day long for a pair of 2GB sticks.

Later,

Jer

Didn't get to the tests as I don't have Benchmark. It will only depress me anyway..

I'm in the Uk so I don't have any recommendations for cheap ram. 2GB sticks are expensive I know. I'm still running 640 Mb's in a first gen G4. Still works well though but could do with a quick G5..

Rimmer
        <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Rim -

My PB worked just fine for years - now it feels like it's broken.

It's kickin' ass.

Take care - and if you want you can email me at jaronensley@mac.com for the attachment benchmarks.

Otherwise, go to xbench.com to download it and test your own rig.

Later,

Jer

Comment

Jaron - Best deals on RAM I've found are usually at OWC - www.macsales.com

Good luck!

Comment

Rim -

My PB worked just fine for years - now it feels like it's broken.

It's kickin' ass.

Take care - and if you want you can email me at jaronensley@mac.com for the attachment benchmarks.

Otherwise, go to xbench.com to download it and test your own rig.

Later,

Jer

Thanks..

I think I tested my G4/400 when I first got it as was amazed.. That was some years ago though.

Rimmer

Comment

The G5 quad is on my shopping list for Jan. 3rd
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Century Gothic"><b>&quot;I have the two qualities you require to see the absolute truth... I am brilliant and unloved&quot;.</b><font color="darkred"> - Miss Evangelista, Dr. Who ep. &quot;Silence In The Library&quot;</font></font></div>

Comment

Damn that is a sweet machine. :thu:

Comment

BTW, has anyone ran any comparisons with equal like Windows box?

There are a few Wintendriods that are still claiming than anything on their side is still blowing Quade G5s out of the water.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=14445931#post14445931

Comment

Working...
                    X