Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security BS

Hello,

I have had it with iTunes as of late.

Every time I try to play a song i *PURCHASED*, I get a prompt for userID and password. After I type in the proper names, which it confirms, I click on the song to play it and I *STILL* get another password prompt.

WTF is going on?

I am really sick of all this security nonsense. It's MY computer and I BOUGHT the song on this very computer. It should play when I click on it, as many times as I want.

I'm using iTunes 6 on OS X version 10.2.8

Sounds like a prefs problem.

Quit iTunes.
    Look in ~/Library/Preferences (in your home folder) for files that begin with "com.apple.iTunes".
    Drag them onto the desktop.
    Relaunch iTunes and see if it's happy.

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

I called Apple since my rant, and, although they were friendly and helpful, their advice didn't do the trick.

It turns out that I have 2 Apple IDs using the same password, which I thought would be impossible, but the IDs both work under certain circumstances (purchase a song, review account info, etc.).

I'll have to call them to undo this glitch and to simplify it down to one ID and password.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiprone
        It turns out that I have 2 Apple IDs using the same password, which I thought would be impossible

As long as the IDs are different, there's no problem with having identical passwords. That's the norm, in fact; imagine signing up for a huge website like Amazon and having to come up with a password that no one else has already chosen.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Comment

Working...
        X