Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

AMT8 Driver won't download onto my HD volume?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMT8 Driver won't download onto my HD volume?

My Amt8 drivers won't load onto my Hard drive. I'm on OS 10.3.9. I just tried a Midisport 2x2 and it's drivers worked and loaded. Is there a problem with the AMT8 driver or my hard drive?

I'm tying to use a (FS1R) synth editor, but the editor doesn't see the synth. I thought I had the driver already but I guess not so I tried to load it and when I'm supposed to select a destination, it shows a Red Exclamation mark and says:

"You cannot install this software on this volume. (null)". I have 65gb of space free. I only have 1 Hard Drive.

2nd problem: Even though the midisport driver loaded, it doesn't seem to edit either. With the Midisport I still get a midi setting error, that says to connect a midi cable. The other error I get when I start the program is the Midi Recieve error. I can control my FS1R synth through the Midisport with acontrollerkeyboard, but that's it.

( I think I have the FS1R synth setup right so it will recieve midi, but maybe I have the FS1R setup wrong on different channels or something. The FS1R editor has me select the Midi in and out channels, which channel is the controller keyboard, and last one is ID setting 1 to 16 and I don't know what this is. )

I already tried to Repair Disk Permissions, as someone told me, but it didn't do anything.

I'm using this Emagic Unitor Family driver:

http://www.macmusic.org/softs/view.php/lang/EN/id/1711/

Any suggestions on what might be wrong?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">____<br />
    ______<br />
    <br />
    <b><font size="1"> &quot;It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross</font><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <i><font size="1">Pumps from my Heart {+}{}{+}{} Filtered through my Mind ~-~-&gt;<br />
    <br />
    But yet I need more Cowbell</font></i><br />
    <br />
    </b><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">if you never read my signature, you'll never know how I sign my name</font></div>

You might try looking here for some help...

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t23448.html
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font size="2"><br />
    </font></font><font size="2"><br />
    </font></div>

Comment

I checking it out, Thanks. One of the guys said he found the drivers on the Logic 6 install cd, which I have, and he loaded successfully. I tried it, but it didn't work. It said the same thing with the red Exclamation mark.

I'm not sure what to think right now. The Midisport 2x2 driver loaded, but the FS1R synth editor didn't work. And the Emagic AMT8 driver didn't load and the editor didn't work also.

I almost want to wipe everything off my Powerbook and do a clean install, but I see others having some problems with their AMT8. Still, I don't know and don't think that their problem is the same as mine. Although I'm not sure. This is really puzzling!!!???

If anyone knows what the problem might be at all, I would love to know what is going on. Any help on this is much appreciated.
      ______<br />
      <br />
      <b><font size="1"> &quot;It’s got to reflect a personality, rather than a quantized performance. Despite the technological revolution that’s been going on over the past few years, it’s not like we’re sitting around saying, ‘Wow... much better records are being made.’” - Atticus Ross</font><br />
      <br />
      <br />
      <i><font size="1">Pumps from my Heart {+}{}{+}{} Filtered through my Mind ~-~-&gt;<br />
      <br />
      <br />
      </b><br />
      <br />
      <font size="1">if you never read my signature, you'll never know how I sign my name</font></div>

Comment

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYEAH!

Much appreciated Multi! I checked the link you gave me which didn't have the answer to fix it, but someone posted another link and I tried what the guy said and it worked. Dang after 3 hours, I finally found it!

Here's the problem solver link:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t23497.html

All that has to be done is rename the icon and copy it to your hard drive. And for some Very strange reason it works.

Peace, Nick
        ______<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        </b><br />
        <br />

Comment

Ok, finally got the driver to load, but K Take's editor doesn't work. I renamed the AMT8
          driver pack and it loaded. But K Take's editor doesn't seem to recognize the midi. I used
          the Audio Midi Setup and added a New Device, named it FS1R, but the K's Editor doesn't
          see the midi connection.

There is a BIG RED Question mark over the synth once I add it and click apply. Am I
          supposed to make the System Exclusive ID a certain number? What could I be doing
          wrong?

The Editor still has a midi 'receive error' when I open it, even though both ins and outs of
          the FS1R and AMT8 are connected and on Port #1. And it also has a error telling me to
          connect midi cables when I try to transmit or receive info from the editor.

BUT the weird thing is, I can see the midi activity on the FS1R light up when I transmit or
          receive something from the editor. So as a result, these errors of course prevent me from
          getting it working and alter any parameters.

Anyone have any suggetions how to set up Audio Midi Setup or what else to do?
          ______<br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          </b><br />
          <br />

Comment

Try here.

And/or here.

Comment

Thanks, how did you find that? It's good to know.

I got my editor working too. I had to intialize system settings.
              ______<br />
              <br />
              <br />
              <br />
              <br />
              <br />
              </b><br />
              <br />

Comment

Working...
              X