No announcement yet.

suck edit pro to garageband 2?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suck edit pro to garageband 2?

I've been considering buying the iMac G5 that comes with Garageband 2. For the past maybe 4 or 5 years I've been using a version of Cool Edit Pro I found online for free. I just want a good computer and a good program for mixing audio files that I can import from my Alesis HD24's fireport. Is the iMac's Garageband a good step up, I've read mixed reviews on it. Please help me out, if you can. I'm aiming to purchase the iMac in a few months if it is indeed what I had always hoped for.

Thank ya kindly,
    Brian
    Hi! Musics to hear!
    https://tenantwv.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by 77inOctober
    I've been considering buying the iMac G5 that comes with Garageband 2. For the past maybe 4 or 5 years I've been using a version of Cool Edit Pro I found online for free. I just want a good computer and a good program for mixing audio files that I can import from my Alesis HD24's fireport. Is the iMac's Garageband a good step up, I've read mixed reviews on it. Please help me out, if you can. I'm aiming to purchase the iMac in a few months if it is indeed what I had always hoped for.

Thank ya kindly,
    Brian

GB is a decent program and as long as your needs are not too extreme, it should be fine.

It does not have the features of even Logic Express, but for basic audio and MIDI recording, its fine. Keep in mind it cannot be used to sequence external MIDI instruments (AFAIK). Nor can it do any kind of audio editing beyond the most basic stuff.

But the good news is that if you outgrow it, you can easily move up to Logic Express or Logic Pro and have full file compatibility.

I say go for it. GB will suit you just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 77inOctober

Thank ya kindly,
      Brian

I've used Garageband a few times now and for free (or cheap if you don't get it with a new mac) it's a decent program that allows you to use AU plugins. I would say though that it's clunky compared to Logic Express or Logic Pro.

If you want something pretty serious, then go for Logic express. You may find Logic Pro a bit too much for your needs.

The good thing about GB is that you can export straight to Logic so if you find yourself wanting then you can upgrade to Logic and import all your songs.

Rimmer
      "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Working...
      X