Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying MAC IBOOK SUPER DRIVE

i have a problem with convincing my computer provider (my dad) of buying an ibook, but more so to buy something with DVD writer....he says there is no money...but the truth is, as he said, i dont need a dvd-r for anything

im trying to explain to him that if im buying a computer with an exptected life of at least 4 -5 years i would need something that could last, at least on hardware, practically thru that time....

and he says "you can buy the dvd burner when they get cheap", oh yeah he doesnt like the idea of a MAC at all, is there a way to upgrade my macs combo drive with super...that sincerily sounds stupid....

plz help me here.........
    GOT TONE?

Originally posted by Echotraveler
    is there a way to upgrade my macs combo drive with super...

You use an external Firewire drive.

Personally, I would wait and buy one when you need it. By the time you do, you'll pay less for a faster drive.

Comment

http://www.mcetech.com/dvdrwibkg4.html

G-Dub
      www.studiog-fx.com
      15 inch Quad-core i7, Macbook Pro,
      OSX 10.8.2, LPX, Logic 9.1.8, Apollo Duo

Comment

Tell him to get a power book.

I reiterate my annoyance though at the lust for DVD burners. Currently they are wasteful for data. Unless you plan to be backing up video or a making video a hard drive is a much better device on which to store data.
        android

Comment

Originally posted by lipids
          Tell him to get a power book.

I reiterate my annoyance though at the lust for DVD burners. Currently they are wasteful for data. Unless you plan to be backing up video or a making video a hard drive is a much better device on which to store data.

well dudes i bought my ibook ...since im not burning any DVD's, dont really need it i desided to go with the cheap intelligent wayd.........i got a 12'' ibook with 768 RAM with an MBOX (Protools)

what do you guys think
          ??
          GOT TONE?

Comment

Originally posted by Echotraveler
            well dudes i bought my ibook ...since im not burning any DVD's, dont really need it i desided to go with the cheap intelligent wayd.........i got a 12'' ibook with 768 RAM with an MBOX (Protools)

what do you guys think??

I for one think you made a good decision. The 12" is the best deal for the iBook. the 14" is only worth it if you have difficulty seeing. Sure you get a little more processor power, but not much and you pay a lot for a bigger screen that virtually has no extra desktop space because of the 1024x768 res.

The Mbox is a good product and Pro Tool is of course very cool. So, grats! I am sure you will be happy.
            android

Comment

get a powerbook instead...
              http://www.purevolume.com/stiffoneeye
              http://www.purevolume.com/murphyjr
              Mesa Single Rectifier
              Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cab (Vintage 30s)
              Mesa Boogie Busterbass 200
              Mesa Boogie Diesel 1x15 & 2x10
              Gibson 1960 Les Paul Classic Bullion Gold
              Gibson SG Standard Classic White
              Gibson SG Faded Cherry - Burstbucker 2 in bridge

Comment

Originally posted by edeye
                get a powerbook instead...

A little late there, he already bought the iBook.
                android

Comment

Originally posted by lipids

The Mbox is a good product and Pro Tool is of course very cool. So, grats! I am sure you will be happy.

+1.

Good choice.

Comment

thanx for the replys dudes..... hopefully i will post some cool clips to show my work

GOT TONE?

Comment

Working...
                    X