Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

PC to Mac via CD

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC to Mac via CD

I don't have my Mac online. However, there are lots of free plug-ins & loops-n-such online that I'd like to take advantage of.
    Can I download the programs direct to CD on my Windows PC, and upload them to my Mac to run on?

You bet! As long as you burn a standard ISO9660 disc, your Mac shouldn't have any problem reading the files - provided the files/plugs you're downloading are Mac compatible VSTs, AUs, Aiffs/WAVs whatever.

Comment

Thanks. I'm getting a "you do not have permission to open this file..." when I try to save it to CD. Works fine if I save it to my desktop tho, but I always get this message when I try to save to CD.

Comment

Is this error coming up on the Mac or the PC? If Mac - have you checked the permissions on the file?

Comment

It's coming up on my Windows machine. I think I need to save the file to my C drive and use something like Nero to copy it do disk, am I right?

Comment

You'll need to save it to the C: drive, the copy it to the CD instead of downloading it directly to the CD.

Windows (XP) burns to CDs exactly like OS X does, so you shouldn't have to use Nero. Just drag & drop to the CD.

Comment

Thanks, STPW! I should've said- I'm currently running ME, with plans to upgrade to XP as soon as I upgrade my RAM.

Comment

downgrade to Win2000!
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Lots of guitars, parts and stompboxes in <a href="http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZdanielbentley" target="_blank">My eBay Auctions</a>!</div>

Comment

Working...
                X