Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashing ibook...

we have a shared ibook at work that a co-worker has really screwed up (don't ask me how...god only knows). when i had crashing problems with my own ibook, i was able to do a start-up procedure that i think i read on here that got it going again... i held down 4-5 keyboard keys and pressed the power button. the laptop started up to a brief grey screen three times, after the third, i released the keys and it started up as normal, and has been fine ever since. i lost a bunch of documents, but it works. i wanted to try this procedure on the ibook at work before its relegated to collecting dust on the shelf, but the problem is, i can't remember which keys i held down...lol!!!! can any of you mac gurus help?
    MESA BOOGIE MOB MOFO

Parker Fly Classic>>>Ernie Ball Jr. volume>>>MXR 10 band eq>>>Axess Electronics GRX4>>(Digitech Synth Wah>ISP Decimator in loops)>>Mesa Dual Rectifier Solo head>>>(G-Major in loop)>>>
    Mesa Traditional Rectifier slant 4x12//Mesa Standard straight with slant baffle 4x12

Digitech Jamman for loops and samples

rack controlled by DMC Ground Control Pro

www.myspace.com/thearsonistsdaughter

Cmd+Option+P+R will "zap the PRAM" - do that three or four times.

Aside from that, run disk utility and repair the permissions on the drive. Also, grab a copy of MacJanitor and run "all" tasks.

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by somata
      i can't remember which keys i held down...lol!!!! can any of you mac gurus help?

It was probably shift-ctrl-option-cmnd.

You might find some useful commands here and here.

Forever,

Kim.
      The Composition Thread is sticky!
      There is no heavier burden than a great potential.- Unknown source

Comment

If those tips do not solve your problem the pop in your OS X install disc and choose the Archive and install option. You will be prompted to preserve users and network settings, choose yes. This will reinstall your system but leave all documents and user specific settings alone.
        android

Comment

Working...
        X