X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.Alan Smooth...

Hey TAS, you got your G5 1.8 dually yet??
    "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Yup.
    Came in yesterday...but the monitor didn't. Should be here tomorrow tho. I'm on vacation and it's not exactly going as planned.
    Acually, I'm setting her(the G5 that is) up right now. Warhead is shipping me an RME audio card, although I haven't heard from him either.
    Anyway, I'm just gonna run Garageband until after the 1st of the year when I'll order Logic and upgrade the RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Alan Smith
      Yup.
      Came in yesterday...but the monitor didn't. Should be here tomorrow tho. I'm on vacation and it's not exactly going as planned.
      Acually, I'm setting her(the G5 that is) up right now. Warhead is shipping me an RME audio card, although I haven't heard from him either.
      Anyway, I'm just gonna run Garageband until after the 1st of the year when I'll order Logic and upgrade the RAM.

Good to hear you have it now. Bad that there is no monitor though.. You must have a PC one floating around the house??

Phone Warhead.. That's what I did although he shipped me something in surprisingly good time..!

Let me know how things go dude..

Rimmer
      "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Rimmer

Good to hear you have it now. Bad that there is no monitor though.. You must have a PC one floating around the house??

Phone Warhead.. That's what I did although he shipped me something in surprisingly good time..!

Let me know how things go dude..

Rimmer

Will do!
        Good to see War's a fast shipper. Apparently he never got the check, so now we'll have to get it traced.
        No extra PC monitor, but the Samsung I ordered should get here tomorrow. The way things are going, I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Well, the Dually's up-n-runnin' and I've been having a blast with Garageband.
          So,
          thanks to all that helped!!!
          After the 1st of the year, my 2nd monitor(same as the first) will be ordered along with some Kingston memory(I'm upgrading to 1G, I'm only running the 256 that comes standard) and Logic.
          I'll try to get some pics.

Thanks again all!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Alan Smith
            Well, the Dually's up-n-runnin' and I've been having a blast with Garageband.
            So,
            thanks to all that helped!!!
            After the 1st of the year, my 2nd monitor(same as the first) will be ordered along with some Kingston memory(I'm upgrading to 1G, I'm only running the 256 that comes standard) and Logic.
            I'll try to get some pics.

Thanks again all!

Good stuff dude.. 256MB or RAM is really low for a machine of that capacity. One of the things that Apple should sort out...

Keep us posted.. !

Comment

Working...
            X