Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with iTunes library?!?

I just sold my powerbook last week. However, I didn't think of the 2500 songs I have in iTunes. I want to move them to a new mac. I don't have a DVD-R/RW and you can't remove songs off my iPod. What the hell am I supposed to do??? HELP???
    Disclaimer: I went to Catholic school and as a result, I cannot spell worth ****************. This has no effect, however pertaining to the reasoning in the preceding post…Thank you for your time.

Are you sure you can't access the files on your iPod? On Windows you can, you just have to have the hidden folders showing. Is there something similar on a Mac?

Comment

Do you know how to use the terminal application? UNIX command line? If yes it is a relatively simple process of navigating to the mounted iPod drive and copying the files to your new computer.

Also, i believe Apple has accounted for this situation. I am fairly sure you are allowed to copy files between up to three machines. I could be wrong, but if you bought a new Mac, then you have support for a little while, so I would call them to find out.
      android

Comment

Yes, the music is stored in a hidden folder on your iPod. You can install additional software to access it, or you could use Terminal.

The database and all the music is in:

/Volumes/your iPod name/iPod_Control/

Forever,

Kim.
        The Composition Thread is sticky!
        There is no heavier burden than a great potential.- Unknown source

Comment

UPDATE: First of all thank you all for the info. I guess I wasn't thinking at all. Pulling the iTunes library to my mounted iPod was the best idea. However, the music I bought off the iTunes music store would not go onto my G5 without a fight. All of them are Protected Apple AAC's. I had to verify each one that it was OK to use on my new mac. Anyway, it all worked out fine. Thanks to all!!
          Disclaimer: I went to Catholic school and as a result, I cannot spell worth ****************. This has no effect, however pertaining to the reasoning in the preceding post…Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by olympus421
            UPDATE: First of all thank you all for the info. I guess I wasn't thinking at all. Pulling the iTunes library to my mounted iPod was the best idea. However, the music I bought off the iTunes music store would not go onto my G5 without a fight. All of them are Protected Apple AAC's. I had to verify each one that it was OK to use on my new mac. Anyway, it all worked out fine. Thanks to all!!

LOSER!
            THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Comment

Originally posted by CAPPS

LOSER!

Shut the F up troll

Comment

Originally posted by olympus421

Shut the F up troll

THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Comment

Working...
                X