Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning from I-tunes?

So I just bought an external LaCie cd buner. Worked great with toast lite, which I kind of like, but I-tunes dosent seem to want to burn to it. Don't tell me I need some sort of propriatery hardware!

The mac sees the drive just fine, as does itunes.. . because I can use it to play songs.

It says "disc burner or software not found."

Odd.
    G5 Dual 1.8, Logic 7, Metric Halo 2882, Mackie Control, Tannoy Reveals, UAD-1.

Check in the Apple System Profiler to see if iTunes supports the drive. If it doesn't, check http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ and see if there's a fix for your drive there.

Updating to the latest MacOS may help it. If the drive mechanism is newer than your version of the MacOS, it won't recognize it properly.

Comment

It's a good thing you have that version of Toast Lite.

I ended up spending some time plowing through the
      http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ site to find a fix to get iTunes burning support.

I did find one, but by then I had just got Toast and now use it 100% of the time.

As you'll see at the xlr8 site, this is a very common problem.

Comment

Interesting. I do have the latest 10.3 update. Luckily toast lite was included for free, and it works great. I can basically copy playlists from i-tunes, so it's an extra step I really don't mind too much.

I am surprised, though, and I-tunes wont burn to it. It recognizes the drive and plays from it.

oh well. no biggie.

The drive looks pretty cool on top on my right tannoy monitor (;

Comment

Originally posted by kellyvsgray
          Interesting. I do have the latest 10.3 update. Luckily toast lite was included for free, and it works great. I can basically copy playlists from i-tunes, so it's an extra step I really don't mind too much.

I am surprised, though, and I-tunes wont burn to it. It recognizes the drive and plays from it.

oh well. no biggie.

The drive looks pretty cool on top on my right tannoy monitor (;

PICS?
          THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Comment

no camera ):

being that I have a PCI graphics G4, and just bought my first CD burner, you'll notice that steve has finally come into the 90's!

One thing at a time... hahaha

Logic and my UAD make up for my techie shortcomings, though.

Comment

Working...
            X