X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wanna Put More Hard Drives In My Powermac

I THOUGHT MY AGP COULD SUPPORT UP TO 4 INTERNAL DRIVES, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT CAN ONLY HOLD 2... WTF IS UP WITH THAT?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES! </div>

I had 5 in my quicksilver. Maybe you are missing the mounting plates.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Peace &amp; Love, Lord Toranaga.</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Toranaga
      I had 5 in my quicksilver. Maybe you are missing the mounting plates.

the ribbon connector only has two connectors... do i need to get a new ribbon connector?

Comment

you will need another controller, scsi, or ata, or sata. You can out one in the zip drive slot slaved to cd-rom. The internal ata bus only supports 2 drives. I have a nice scsi rig I can sell you.

adaptec 29160 card, 2*18gb seagate cheetah's and cable for $100.

Comment

you will need another controller, scsi, or ata, or sata. You can out one in the zip drive slot slaved to cd-rom. The internal ata bus only supports 2 drives. I have a nice scsi rig I can sell you.

adaptec 29160 card, 2*18gb seagate cheetah's and cable for $100.

i will definately consider. that's a real good price.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPPS

i will definately consider. that's a real good price.

i just remembered that my mac came with an scsi pci card... would that have any capability to run more internal hard drives?

Comment

yes,

what is the card, what os are you using?

Comment

yes,

what is the card, what os are you using?

i'm not sure what the exact card is, i'll have to check when i get home. i'm using 10.3.5 (still haven't done the .6 upgrade yet )

how many ata drives can i put in? what if i just get another ribbon and use that with the ata drives? i get three plugs for the ata drives (smaller white sockets), but only two plugs on the ribbon...

Comment

just curious, but why not get firewire drives for the portability and cost? (although that scsi deal is good, but 36gb ain't much anymore). it seems these days you can get fw drives at a 1GB per dollar price range. a grand for a terrabyte or $200 for 200GB for example.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;When I say be skeptical of everything I mean it. Just because someone was elected to do a job doesn't mean that person has any idea of what they're doing.&quot;- Sen. Bob Kerry<br />
                  <br />
                  &quot;When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.&quot; --Hunter S. Thompson<br />
                  <br />
                  &quot;Never rock the mic with the pantyhose&quot;-MCA</div>

Comment

Working...
                  X