Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought A Second Monitor For My Powermac

BUT THE VIDEO ADAPTER I GOT DOESNT WORK!!! I GOT IT FROM A FRIEND WHO HAS A NEW ALBOOK AND WASN'T USING HIS ANALOG TO DIGITAL ADAPTER. IT LOOKS ALMOST IDENTICAL, BUT THERE ARE A FEW PINS THAT ARE DIFFERENT.

I'M LOST AS TO FIND OUT WHERE TO GET THE RIGHT ADAPTER.

THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Could you be a bit more specific? Is it a CRT or LCD? Do you need a DVI-VGA or an ADC-VGA or an ADC-DVI?
    [Z?]
    http://soundcloud.com/mus0r

Comment

Originally posted by GloomGenerator
      Could you be a bit more specific? Is it a CRT or LCD? Do you need a DVI-VGA or an ADC-VGA or an ADC-DVI?

i have two vga monitors... the adapter that i got is from a powerbook. the card that i got is an ati that came with the graphite agp powermac. it has a vga and a dvi port.

Comment

Sounds like you just need a DVI to VGA adapter, which is what comes with most of the Powerbooks. I think some of them use a MiniDVI connector, though, which may be what your friend gave you...?

Comment

Originally posted by 3DMC
          Sounds like you just need a DVI to VGA adapter, which is what comes with most of the Powerbooks. I think some of them use a MiniDVI connector, though, which may be what your friend gave you...?

I'M NOT REALLY SURE... IT LOOKS ALMOST IDENTICAL, BUT A FEW OF THE PINS ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT, WHICH MAKES IT NOT FIT.

DO MINIDVI LOOK SIMILAR TO DVI?

Comment

The wierd port on the video card is an ADC(apple display connector) You will need a vga extractor, this should not cost more than$20. The port on the back of a powerbook is dvi, thusly the adaptor that comers with powerbooks is a dvi to vga adaptor.
            Peace & Love, Lord Toranaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Toranaga
              The wierd port on the video card is an ADC(apple display connector) You will need a vga extractor, this should not cost more than$20. The port on the back of a powerbook is dvi, thusly the adaptor that comers with powerbooks is a dvi to vga adaptor.

no, it's not adc... to be most specific, it is dvi-d (i think?) i just found out that there is a few different kinds of dvi!

there's dvi-d, dvi-i, and for each one there is single and double (what ever that means...)
              i think i may just buy a second video card with vga built right in... can i run two video cards? is that possible?

Comment

you can run as many video cards as you want. I see you bought a new keyboard also.
                Peace & Love, Lord Toranaga.

Comment

Working...
                X