X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logic and Reason??

Will Reason run "within" Logic, like a software insturment plugin?

Does it run independently and "sync" with Logic? Whats the whole "re-wire" thing?

Reason seems REALLY cool and a bit more intuitive than Logic in some ways. I figure instead of paying around the same for a string sample library, a new fun sequencer would inspire me more. It's cheaper than I thought it would be

How "effiecient" is Reason? I am upgrading to a 1ghz processor on my mac, and I run about 18 audio tracks with plugs now.

Anyone successfully running the two together and enjoying it?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">G5 Dual 1.8, Logic 7, Metric Halo 2882, Mackie Control, Tannoy Reveals, UAD-1. </div>

http://www.propellerheads.se/support/reason/rewire/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=logic_aud io_pl6
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font size="2"><br />
    </font></font><font size="2"><br />
    </font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by kellyvsgray
      Will Reason run "within" Logic, like a software insturment plugin?

Does it run independently and "sync" with Logic? Whats the whole "re-wire" thing?

Reason seems REALLY cool and a bit more intuitive than Logic in some ways. I figure instead of paying around the same for a string sample library, a new fun sequencer would inspire me more. It's cheaper than I thought it would be

How "effiecient" is Reason? I am upgrading to a 1ghz processor on my mac, and I run about 18 audio tracks with plugs now.

Anyone successfully running the two together and enjoying it?

YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS RUNNING REASON AND LOGIC ON A 1 GHZ SYSTEM (ESPECIALLY A G4) HOW MUCH RAM DO YOU HAVE?

I WAS RUNNING REASON AND LIVE TOGETHER ON A G3 700 IBOOK WITH 384 MB OF RAM AND IT RAN ALRIGHT. A LITTLE GRAPHICAL DELAY HERE AND THERE, BUT NO AUDIO DELAY.

AND I THINK THAT LIVE IS MORE OF A CPU HOG THAN LOGIC...

AND YEAH, YOU HAVE TO "SYNC" THEM, BUT IT'S NOT AS HARD AS IT SOUNDS... WHEN YOU MOVE THE LOCATORS IN LOGIC, IT SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY MOVE THE LOCATORS IN REASON, AND VICE VERSA.

REWIRE SHOULD PRETTY MUCH WORK AUTOMATICALLY. I THINK YOU HAVE TO OPEN REASON FIRST AND THEN LOGIC AND THEN LOGIC WILL DETECT REASON.

ONE THING I WOULD SUGGEST THOUGH IS JUST USING REASON AS A SCRATCH PAD... COPY THE MIDI OVER TO LOGIC AND REPLACE THE SOUNDS... THE SYNTHS IN REASON ARE, NOT BAD, BUT I WOULD DEFINATELY SAY THEY SOUND "REASONY" IF THAT HELPS ANY...
      <div class="signaturecontainer">THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES! </div>

Comment

Working...
      X