X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Audio-Out

I am now a proud owner of a Powerbook, and have recently purchased a Mackie Spike, M-Audio 61 key keyboard, and Logic Express 7. Currently, I'm not able to get any sound out of it. The screen shows that it is receiving a midi/microphone signal but nothing is coming out of the computer. I'm currently using the headphones jack output into monitors. I've tried searching the manual, but as of yet, I have not had any success. If any one has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance for your help.

I think you have to select a midi output.

I use Pro Tools and that's what I have to do. I have to pick quicktime and then output to sound card.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.purevolume.com/stiffoneeye" target="_blank">http://www.purevolume.com/stiffoneeye</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.purevolume.com/murphyjr" target="_blank">http://www.purevolume.com/murphyjr</a><br />
    Mesa Single Rectifier<br />
    Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cab (Vintage 30s)<br />
    Mesa Boogie Busterbass 200<br />
    Mesa Boogie Diesel 1x15 &amp; 2x10<br />
    Gibson 1960 Les Paul Classic Bullion Gold <br />
    Gibson SG Standard Classic White<br />
    Gibson SG Faded Cherry - Burstbucker 2 in bridge</div>

Comment

Originally posted by tocci
      I am now a proud owner of a Powerbook, and have recently purchased a Mackie Spike, M-Audio 61 key keyboard, and Logic Express 7. Currently, I'm not able to get any sound out of it. The screen shows that it is receiving a midi/microphone signal but nothing is coming out of the computer. I'm currently using the headphones jack output into monitors. I've tried searching the manual, but as of yet, I have not had any success. If any one has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Have your tried recording a track and then playing it back after selecting the correct output for that channel?

My 4.8 version of Logic is a pig for thru'ing incoming channels before they are recorded. You have to make an audio object.. Not sure about Logic OSX though...
      <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

I have enabled the audio core and I am able to hear the demo song, but I am unable to hear the midi signals when played on the m-audio 61 key keyboard. A light flashes, showing a midi signal, when I press a key, but no sound is made. If anybody knows anyway that I can get sound back without recording please let me know. I've tried selecting a midi output, but as of yet have no luck. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by tocci
          I have enabled the audio core and I am able to hear the demo song, but I am unable to hear the midi signals when played on the m-audio 61 key keyboard. A light flashes, showing a midi signal, when I press a key, but no sound is made. If anybody knows anyway that I can get sound back without recording please let me know. I've tried selecting a midi output, but as of yet have no luck. Thanks for your time.

The midi in out light will flash if you are processing midi in and out. On my version of Logic (4.8) the transport bar also shows the notes being played in (or by the track) as well as the midi note out (which should be the same).

This in no way has anything to do with audio. The midi instrument (if it creates it's own sounds) has it's own audio output which needs to be physically routed in to the Mac and Logic for you to hear anything.. Do you have the midi device plugged into the audio ins on the Mac?
          <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Working...
          X