X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using an iBook & Logic Pro 7?

Hi, Im thinking of buying the 12" G4 iBook/1.2Ghz and Logic Pro 7.
    I may put 768MB RAM in it (Thats all I can afford for now)

I will be recording, bass, drums, synths, all in Logic then adding guitar & vocals.
    Just a few tracks really.

Will I be OK with this set up, will it be powerful enough?
    Do you think the screen will be ok? I know its a bit small but I think it should do the job.
    Cheers.

Originally posted by The Who
    Hi, Im thinking of buying the 12" G4 iBook/1.2Ghz and Logic Pro 7.
    I may put 768MB RAM in it (Thats all I can afford for now)

I will be recording, bass, drums, synths, all in Logic then adding guitar & vocals.
    Just a few tracks really.

Will I be OK with this set up, will it be powerful enough?
    Do you think the screen will be ok? I know its a bit small but I think it should do the job.
    Cheers.

I was looking at that machine today. I was too smitten with the 12" powerbook in the end. I might have to get one before the year is out.

Judging by the speed of both machines, I wouldn't say it was too far off (faster video wise..) than my G4/400 with a 1.2 gig OWC upgrade card. Fast enough but I do still get stuffed if I really overdo the track count and abuse the effects too heavily. That said, I am still using Logic Platinum 4.8 without such handy features as track freeze which should help out everyone from time to time.

People have used Logic on much lesser systems over the past few years with the exception of the fact that desktops usually run 7200rpm EIDE Hd's where as laptop drives are generally slower.

If I remember correctly, you can buy from Apple and upgrade the HD on some models from a 4200rpm to a 5400rpm drive. I suspect a firewire 7200 external drive would help the track count no end.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Working...
    X