X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Crt Monitors

i don't know anyone with this monitor so it's kind of hard for me to get an idea as to the quality of it... but as far as crt monitors go, are these any good? i could get a no name brand flat crt for about the same price from best buy...

<div class="signaturecontainer">THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES! </div>

that particular monitor is a sony trinitron. One of the best crt's ever made.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Peace &amp; Love, Lord Toranaga.</div>

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Toranaga
      that particular monitor is a sony trinitron. One of the best crt's ever made.

are you sure? i always thought that trinitrons were flat.

Comment

this one was made before the falt screen technology was widely available. Not saying the technology did not exist, just back then prohibitvly expensive.

This is a great monitor. Most of the used one's that I have seen do have some screen burn.

What size is this one?
        How much did you pay?

The one thing I did not like is the feet. They make an awful large footprint. I had to screw an extra board on to my monitor self.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Peace &amp; Love, Lord Toranaga.</div>

Comment

The picture quality on Apple Studio displays is outstanding.

The reliability of the blue & white 17" displays, in my experience, has been somewhat less impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Save The Pine Weasel
            The picture quality on Apple Studio displays is outstanding.

The reliability of the blue & white 17" displays, in my experience, has been somewhat less impressive.

would you mind elaborating a bit?

Comment

The blue & white 17" studio displays do not seem to be as reliable as other Apple monitors. I work in a university IT department, and we had quite a few of them that had to be repaired.

It was unusual, because the failures seemed to come in clusters. We had two labs with a total of about forty of those monitors, and I don't recall any of them having any problems. There was one building where most of the faculty members had Mac G3s with those monitors, and every one had to be replaced at least once.

I don't know what caused the problems. Maybe there was a manufacturing issue with some of them, or maybe the electrical system in that building was somehow to blame (although the CPUs, which supplied the monitors with AC power never had many hardware failures).

Comment

Working...
              X