No announcement yet.

Thank you HC MacOS Group!!!!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you HC MacOS Group!!!!

It's been awhile since I've been on here because you guys helped me solve all my studio "issues" with gear, got me up and running, and then off into the studio I went!

You answered my questions all the way from "do I go mac or windows?", "which is better, DP? Logic? Cubase? etc?", and "help! I've fallen in my studio and I can't get up!"

I started setting up the home studio back in Dec 2002, recorded and mixed the CD, and now I've released it on my own label Sept 2004. Whew!

FYI, the CD was primarily recorded on Logic 5.5-6.3 on OSX on my dual 1gHz Mac, mixed from Logic 6.3 through a Tascam SX-1 board back into Logic (to store my audio files). Pretty simple. Got a great sound! Piano sample was the Bardstown Audio piano sample played on the EXS24 - very responsive and awesome piano sample!

So I'm grateful to you guys and wanted to thank you all for helping out by giving your valuable input and answers. And special thanks to 3DMC, Boogs, Rimmer and Audacity Works.

MP3s on my site at http://truartrecords.com

You guys rock! Thanks again!

It sounds great! Good job. Very dynamic stuff.
    "Music is pussies who don't know how to express them selves by shouting" Tracey Ullman as Sydney Cross, Celebrity Lawyer.

58.327% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

http://www.overnightmusic.net

Comment

Armenjc,

Great stuff! Where abouts in LA are ya'? If you're ever in Hollywood, let me know. I'll buy you a beer.

E-

Comment

Congrats! Hope to be following in your footsteps very soon.

Comment

Your music is very good, and well recorded. I listened to tracks 1,4 and 7. Nice job and best of luck, Armen.

Comment

Nice tracks man!! Sounds really full and very pleasant. Great job!!!
            mmmmm, fattening.

Comment

Wow! What a response. Thanks for the kind words. I'm thrilled you guys like it!

Comment

Originally posted by audacity works
                Armenjc,

Great stuff! Where abouts in LA are ya'? If you're ever in Hollywood, let me know. I'll buy you a beer.

E-

Audacity, thanks my friend! I'll take you up on that offer I could use a beer right about now.

I'm in Glendale, so I'm a few miles away. Send me an email and we'll hook up.

us{at}truartrecords{dot}com

Comment

Really great stuff, Armen. Congrats on a job very well done. I think you just made a sale!
                  Justin

G5/Logic Pro/MOTU1224

ES2/Nord Rack 2/Pro-53/PPG Wave/JX-10/Wavestation SR/JV-1080/01Wfd/TG33/Reaktor Session/CS-80V

Hear the tunes! http://www.theorangealternative.com

Comment

yo!!!!

very impressive tracks, i finally got a chance to listen! super-nice drums and percussion, nice mixes, and a great blend of different melodic sensibilities and instrumentation. i think your use of piano as a main melodic instrument is really smart, because it allows you to reference different kinds of music in a way that's not name-dropping i.e. using a trumpet when it's "supposed to be jazzy" etc.. you can really explore sounds from jazz, near eastern, eastern european, and so on without sounding trite.

p.s. glad you found the forum to be helpful, as well!
                    Heritage H535 Classic, Ibanez AF105N, ASAT Classic, MIM Telecaster
                    Yamaha G100-115 -w- Weber alnico Chicago 15
                    Valvetrain Tweed Champ -w- Weber 12A125
                    Barber Direct Drive, Keeley Java Boost, Boss digi Delay
                    Logic 6 on an old Powermac
                    Battery, Pro-52, ES1, EXSP24, EVD6, Crystal, Pluggo
                    Tannoy Reveals, AT3035, Prosonus pre

Comment

Originally posted by armenjc
                      Piano sample was the Bardstown Audio piano sample played on the EXS24 - very responsive and awesome piano sample!

nice choice of piano sounds.
                      Heritage H535 Classic, Ibanez AF105N, ASAT Classic, MIM Telecaster
                      Yamaha G100-115 -w- Weber alnico Chicago 15
                      Valvetrain Tweed Champ -w- Weber 12A125
                      Barber Direct Drive, Keeley Java Boost, Boss digi Delay
                      Logic 6 on an old Powermac
                      Battery, Pro-52, ES1, EXSP24, EVD6, Crystal, Pluggo
                      Tannoy Reveals, AT3035, Prosonus pre

Comment

Originally posted by jsgarr
                        Really great stuff, Armen. Congrats on a job very well done. I think you just made a sale!

Thanks jsgarr. A sale...the ultimate compliment!!

Originally posted by Boogs
                        nice choice of piano sounds.

I never tire of that patch. It seems to work for everything so far. Do you have any favorite piano patches that you use?

Comment

Originally posted by armenjc
                          Wow! What a response. Thanks for the kind words. I'm thrilled you guys like it!

Sounds sweet my friend. Very loose and professional. Makes a change from a lot of the dross out there..
                          "(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                          X