Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't afford a good control surface/digital mixer

Christ that ****************'s expensive! Even the crappy ones are a grand or more! WTF?

Anyway, since I'm broke and can't afford real gear, I think I'm going to buy an inexpensive midi controller like that Evolution thing with the knobs and sliders. Do any of you know of something similar to that in the >$500 price range? All I want is 12+ faders and a few knobs here and there. I have a PCR-50, and I can use some of the controllers on it but I'd like to have more (and def. more slider type than knobs).
    [Z?]
    http://soundcloud.com/mus0r

If you're not allergic to Behringer, check this out.

Forever,

Kim.
    The Composition Thread is sticky!
    There is no heavier burden than a great potential.- Unknown source

Comment

Originally posted by Jeez
      If you're not allergic to Behringer, check this out.

Forever,

Kim.

Eh...I dunno. I try to stay away from Behringer and Mackie. A lot of people I know (esp. people who know what they're talking about) have suggested I steer clear of that stuff. More Behringer than Mackie, but I know a few people who detest their stuff.
      [Z?]

Comment

Originally posted by GloomGenerator:
        Eh...I dunno. I try to stay away from Behringer and Mackie. A lot of people I know (esp. people who know what they're talking about) have suggested I steer clear of that stuff. More Behringer than Mackie, but I know a few people who detest their stuff.
        I absolutely adore everything I've ever bought from Mackie. Still use their HR824 monitors and D8B digital console. They are critical for the way I work.

Am looking at going completely "in the box", and will probably snag a Mackie Control Universal with three expansions.

On second thought, I'll wait to see what happens at NAMM in January.

Hopefully, now that Logic is kicking ass, someone will make a medium-format controller that connects via ethernet, kinda like the ProControl.

Comment

Originally posted by GloomGenerator

Uhhhh? How did/since when is Mackie getting lumped in with Behringer? I have a Mackie mixer,and am quite happy with it and would consider getting something like a D8B sometime. And the 824s Audacity mentioned are really high on my Xmas list.

Mackie doesnt make junk.

Comment

Wow...Mackie must be a religion around here!

Chill out, guys. I said I know people who didn't like Mackie, I didn't say I did/didn't. I really haven't used much in the way of Mackie gear, so I have no opinion at all. I was just commenting on other people's opinions, that's all.

Besides that, we're getting all off track here. I want to know what people thought of the Evolution piece, and whether there was something better in the same price range. I got the B-Control suggestion and, just for the hell of it, I'll read some reviews. Any other suggestions? The ~$200 price range is preferred.
            [Z?]

Comment

if you want to go all-in-one you might want to consider this:

keystation pro 88
              THIS IS MY LAST DAY ON OJ BITCHES!

Comment

Working...
              X