Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mac CPU memory

I am using a Mac G3 for recording purposes and I run Pro Tools Free. Last night I recorded some stuff but when I try and play it back I am getting a message along the lines of "you are running out of CPU memory, try deleting some plug ins." Because of this message I can't play the track or bounce it to disk. I don't have any plug-ins other than the default one that come with PT Free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Jack E Martling
    ... "you are running out of CPU memory, try deleting some plug ins." Because of this message I can't play the track or bounce it to disk. I don't have any plug-ins other than the default one that come with PT Free.

How many PT plug-ins were running when this happened?
    Which G3 model,and CPU speed?

Did you try turning off a plug or two to see if it helped? PT is telling you that you have maxed out your CPU and have to back off a bit.

Depending on your G3 model, a Sonnett CPU upgrade sounds like the cure.

Comment

Originally posted by multitrack mind

How many PT plug-ins were running when this happened?
      Which G3 model,and CPU speed?
      U upgrade sounds like the cure.

That's the weird thing about it, I wasn't using any plug ins at the time. It's a blue and white G3 tower, I'm not sure about the CPU speed. Someone suggested that I increase the memory allocated to DAE and see if that works.

Comment

Try raising the CPU usage limit in protools. I think it defaults pretty low, but you can set it up to 85%. If that doesn't work try messing around with the playback buffer settings.
        C.F.O.D.

WWW.FRANCIS7.COM

Comment

Are you using OS 9 or X? I would assume OS 9 by what you wrote. To increase the memory allocated to to any application:

1. Make sure the app is quit.
          2. Select the app icon.
          3. press apple + i (get info)
          4. in the memory section, make the number bigger.

peez
          android

Comment

Working...
          X