No announcement yet.

Tascam DP-24 As Control Surface?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tascam DP-24 As Control Surface?

Hi folks, does anyone know if the Tascam DP-24 can be used as a control surface in DAWS? I know the Zoom -16 can do this, and I'm thinking of getting one of these for portable multitrack recording to finish off back home. I work primarily with REAPER.

Both of these units have the same price, the Tascam seems a bit more attractive, although the Zoom seems more portable.

If so, and if anyone's tried this, how's worked for you. Thanks for your time.

According to this MIDI Implementation Chart, the DP24 transmits MIDI Control Change so it looks like it should work.
    "In many ways, most people’s happiness, peace and love are mortgaged to the external situation. So, if the stock market goes up you are happy, if the stock market goes down you are unhappy. But the quality of life is not about what is around you. Our ability to live joyfully here does not depend on the size of the house we live in or the car that we drive. These things make your life comfortable and convenient but the essential quality of your life is how you are within yourself right now."

Comment

Thanks for your reply. This is very hopeful and interesting. I suppose I could always get one and try it, and return it if it doesn't really pan out (no pun intended).

Comment

I have a DP-24 and it's not something I'd describe as "grab and go" (YMMV of course, but ....). Otherwise a nice unit (though I can't answer your question, as I use it as a stand-alone). Decent preamps for what it is.
        https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

Working...
        X