Yamaha 01v96 acting crazy!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 01v96 acting crazy!

Hi all,
    I have been using a Yamaha 01v96 v.2 for about 8 years now and it has been developing a very odd problem. Some of the channels will raise and lower themselves (faders noticeable moving) after I have switched to a new layer. The only channels that seem affected are ones that at some point in their life had been paired with an adjacent channel (horizontally). Even though the pair had been broken long ago and new channels written in, it seems that this is the only common denominator between what channels are affected and what ones are not. When the level raises it will go all the way to the top (which church goers just love). Anyone else experience this? I have already re-calibrated faders, restored system defaults, and upgraded firmware all as hopes to fix...but no love.
    thanks

If you've already tried calibration and restoring the OS, it's probably time to call Yamaha and have them take a look. I had some issues with mine a few years back and took it to Yamaha in Buena Park, and they fixed it fast - it's been trouble-free ever since. I'd recommend calling them and seeing about having it serviced.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks Phil, That is the route it is looking like I will take

Comment

Sorry you're having problems with yours... hopefully they can get it fixed for you. I really like mine a lot! Good luck!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I stumbled upon this a while ago - you may find it useful.

http://o1v96psug.proboards.com/threa...1v96-2-problem
          As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
          from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Working...
          X