Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: Making SB Audigy 2 work w/ Windows 7, or buy new level entry card

Hi,

I've not been playing much music the last few years, but I recently teamed up with an old music partner and we are getting back into the game.  We'll need to be able to do some recordings so I want to set up my home pc.  Please bear with me: I'm not very knowledgeable harware-wise.

I tried reinstalling my old Audigy 2 card, but my system doesn't detect it at all.  I'm running Windows 7 x64.  (Back when I was using it, I was on XP x86).  I found drivers on Creative's website -- SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017.exe -- which they claim work with W7.  But when the card is in the slot and I run the driver installation file, it tells me that it finds no Creative card in the system...  The card also doesn't appear at all in Windows' Device Manager.

I don't know if someone could help me figure this out.

Otherwise, if it's a lost cause, I could look into buying a newer card.  But I can't afford anything expensive now (I couldn't justify it at this point anyway).  All I'd like are better sound drivers to adjust latency when I record tracks.

So if you have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Gear :
    Ibanez EDA905 (BEADG)
    Ibanez Axstar (BEAD)
    Rickenbaker 4001, 1975 (EADG)
    ------------------------
    SansAmp Bass Driver/DI
    Keeley Comp (modded for bass)
    Korg G5
    Korg AX1B
    Boss DD-2
    DOD FX-25
    Ibanez Tremolo
    Looper
    ------------------------
    Bassman10 (tube)
    Seymour Duncan Bass 400 amp (solid state)
    Ampeg (1x18)
    Hartke Traveller (4x10)

Mmmhh...  Apparently, HC's forums are not as busy as when I was a frquent visitor a decade ago.

Anyways, I solved installing the card, but it's not working super well.  I haven't been able to test it out much, but there is one problem.  Whenever I'm working on a project in Acid (an old copy of Acid 7), if I try to get to the ASIO control panel to adjust latency, the software freezes.  I don't know what's causing it : Whether it's the card's drivers, my not up to date Acid, compatibility with W7 x64...

Gear :
    Ibanez EDA905 (BEADG)
    Ibanez Axstar (BEAD)
    Rickenbaker 4001, 1975 (EADG)
    ------------------------
    SansAmp Bass Driver/DI
    Keeley Comp (modded for bass)
    Korg G5
    Korg AX1B
    Boss DD-2
    DOD FX-25
    Ibanez Tremolo
    Looper
    ------------------------
    Bassman10 (tube)
    Seymour Duncan Bass 400 amp (solid state)
    Ampeg (1x18)
    Hartke Traveller (4x10)

Comment

• TimOBrien
      TimOBrien commented
      Editing a comment
      You'd be better off trashing it anyway.

It's a gamer card, not a music production card.

I use the same card i face no issues working with the card. I am planning to buy a new one though. Try downloading the ASIO free driver and install it or else it could be a problem with the drivers being corrupted or a wrong settings.

Comment

Working...
    X