Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Need help: Making SB Audigy 2 work w/ Windows 7, or buy new level entry card

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help: Making SB Audigy 2 work w/ Windows 7, or buy new level entry card

Hi,

I've not been playing much music the last few years, but I recently teamed up with an old music partner and we are getting back into the game.  We'll need to be able to do some recordings so I want to set up my home pc.  Please bear with me: I'm not very knowledgeable harware-wise.

I tried reinstalling my old Audigy 2 card, but my system doesn't detect it at all.  I'm running Windows 7 x64.  (Back when I was using it, I was on XP x86).  I found drivers on Creative's website -- SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0017.exe -- which they claim work with W7.  But when the card is in the slot and I run the driver installation file, it tells me that it finds no Creative card in the system...  The card also doesn't appear at all in Windows' Device Manager.

I don't know if someone could help me figure this out.

Otherwise, if it's a lost cause, I could look into buying a newer card.  But I can't afford anything expensive now (I couldn't justify it at this point anyway).  All I'd like are better sound drivers to adjust latency when I record tracks.

So if you have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Gear :<br />
    <font color="red">Ibanez EDA905 </font>(<font color="red">BEADG</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Ibanez Axstar </font>(<font color="red">BEAD</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Rickenbaker 4001, 1975 </font>(<font color="red">EADG</font>)<br />
    ------------------------<br />
    <font color="red"> SansAmp Bass Driver/DI </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Keeley Comp (modded for bass)</font><br />
    <font color="red"> Korg G5 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Korg AX1B </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Boss DD-2 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> DOD FX-25 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Ibanez Tremolo </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Looper </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Bassman10 </font>(<font color="red">tube</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Seymour Duncan Bass 400 amp </font>(<font color="red">solid state</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Ampeg </font>(<font color="red">1x18</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Hartke Traveller </font>(<font color="red">4x10</font>)</b></font></div>

Mmmhh...  Apparently, HC's forums are not as busy as when I was a frquent visitor a decade ago.

Anyways, I solved installing the card, but it's not working super well.  I haven't been able to test it out much, but there is one problem.  Whenever I'm working on a project in Acid (an old copy of Acid 7), if I try to get to the ASIO control panel to adjust latency, the software freezes.  I don't know what's causing it : Whether it's the card's drivers, my not up to date Acid, compatibility with W7 x64...

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>Gear :<br />
    <font color="red">Ibanez EDA905 </font>(<font color="red">BEADG</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Ibanez Axstar </font>(<font color="red">BEAD</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Rickenbaker 4001, 1975 </font>(<font color="red">EADG</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> SansAmp Bass Driver/DI </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Keeley Comp (modded for bass)</font><br />
    <font color="red"> Korg G5 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Korg AX1B </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Boss DD-2 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> DOD FX-25 </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Ibanez Tremolo </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Looper </font><br />
    <font color="red"> Bassman10 </font>(<font color="red">tube</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Seymour Duncan Bass 400 amp </font>(<font color="red">solid state</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Ampeg </font>(<font color="red">1x18</font>)<br />
    <font color="red"> Hartke Traveller </font>(<font color="red">4x10</font>)</b></font></div>

Comment

• TimOBrien
      TimOBrien commented
      Editing a comment
      You'd be better off trashing it anyway.

It's a gamer card, not a music production card.

I use the same card i face no issues working with the card. I am planning to buy a new one though. Try downloading the ASIO free driver and install it or else it could be a problem with the drivers being corrupted or a wrong settings.

Comment

Working...
    X