Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Upcoming PC Upgrade - In Need Of Suggestions.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming PC Upgrade - In Need Of Suggestions.

[I hope this is the right place to post such a question]

Hi all,

My 4.5 years old PC kinda died on me,
    and it was a limiting DAW back when it worked perfectly so I decided to upgrade my system.

I'm pretty low on funds, so I figured I can stick with my
    1. old case 
    2. PSU(520W)
    3. Graphics card(Nvidia 9500GT) [or use intel graphics that will come with the new CPU]

4. Hard Drives

5. Burner, Screens, Keyboard etc...

and just buy a new MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM.
    What would you suggest to get for a budget of about 350$-400$ ?

(new) PC:<br>CPU: i5 3470<br>PSU: Dunno Yet<br>M-Board: Gigabyte H77<br>RAM: 2X4GB DDR 3 1600<br>Graphics: Intel Graphics HD 2500<br>Hard Drives: Western Digital: 1TB Black(WD1002FAEX), 500GB Green(WD5000AACS), 160GB(WD1600ADFD)<br>OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit<br><br>Audio Hardware:<br>External Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox<br>Amplifier: InterM PA-2000a<br>Mics: Shure SM57 &amp; KSM27

A real dilemma is whether to go amd or intel, most ppl suggested i5, but there's some suggesting amd.

I think that's the no1 question for me to solve...

I think a good L3 Cache is important for my kind of uses...

(new) PC:<br>CPU: i5 3470<br>PSU: Dunno Yet<br>M-Board: Gigabyte H77<br>RAM: 2X4GB DDR 3 1600<br>Graphics: Intel Graphics HD 2500<br>Hard Drives: Western Digital: 1TB Black(WD1002FAEX), 500GB Green(WD5000AACS), 160GB(WD1600ADFD)<br>OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit<br><br>Audio Hardware:<br>External Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox<br>Amplifier: InterM PA-2000a<br>Mics: Shure SM57 &amp; KSM27

Comment

• zoobooboozoo
      zoobooboozoo commented
      Editing a comment
      Because the prices where I live are a lil' higher, I decided to go with i5 3470
      since I don't intend to overclock, and the 0.2GHz differnce doesn't worth the 65$[where i live] from 3470 to 3570k.

So now I have a few more questions(Low noise is important):
      1) The motherboard. I looked at the differences and could see features differnces,
      non seemed crucial, but still I'm being told there will be a PERFORMENCE DIFFERENCE between different boards.
      is that right?
      2) Which PSU brands/models can I trust?
      3) Which CPU fan brands/models can I trust?
      4) Which RAM brands/models can I trust? (although if I go 2X4GB DDR 3 1600 and choose a good brand like kingston or crossair, it doesn't really matter that much exactly which I choose right? BTW - it doesn't matter if I get 1X8GB or 2X4GB right? almost no price differnce so I figure why not?)

• poshwebdeveloper
      poshwebdeveloper commented
      Editing a comment

hey,

I hope this will help you..

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
      Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($64.99 @ Newegg)
      Memory: Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($17.99 @ Newegg)
      Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
      Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($111.97 @ Newegg)
      Case: Cooler Master Elite 360 ATX Mini Tower Case ($38.86 @ NCIX US)
      Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $433.78

Working...
X