Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebox syncing issues

I'm perplexed.

My firebox syncing problems seems to be related to video streaming. When watching Netflix or a Youtube vid, sometimes there'll be a glitch where the video will stall and at exactly the same time, a pop from my Firebox. Afterwards, the sound card is lost to the computer until I reboot.

Any ideas what could cause this?

edit to add: ASUS mobo, Sigg FW card, Win7 64bit

Also, it's not the Firebox. I tested on an XP box and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp
    View Post

I'm perplexed.

My firebox syncing problems seems to be related to video streaming. When watching Netflix or a Youtube vid, sometimes there'll be a glitch where the video will stall and at exactly the same time, a pop from my Firebox. Afterwards, the sound card is lost to the computer until I reboot.

Any ideas what could cause this?

edit to add: ASUS mobo, Sigg FW card, Win7 64bit

Also, it's not the Firebox. I tested on an XP box and it works fine.

Try running the system volume at 50% or lower.. That kind of works for my crumby Soundblaster piece of junk..
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Thanks Rimmer. Anything was a worth a try.

Damndest thing... I'd tried moving the Firewire card btwn PCI slots to reassign IRQ channels. Then deleting all refs to Presonus in regedit and reinstalling the drivers. I'd tried running the installation through the program compatibility process. Tried registry hacks that I found online. Nothing worked.

Finally, completely by accident, I discovered that the Firebox would run completely solidly if I turned on my monitor after the Firebox booted up. Not really a gamer, so trying to run cool and quiet I'd been using my mobo's onboard graphics card and now think there's some kind of priority call conflict at the PCI bridge level.

Not surprisingly, to test the Firebox, I'd plug it into my MBP and it worked perfectly every time. The card itself is bomber, but after reading all the threads online, I think Presonus dropped the ball with this legacy driver deal. When this card dies, I'll probably look elsewhere for a replacement. But for now, thanks to my brain dead workaround, I'm back in business.

Comment

Glad it's sorted. There is some conflict thing going on here with mine and the 50% or bellows system vulnerable reduces dramatically the amount of bum outs on my game system.

My MBP is solid with audio and is flawless with my RME fireface 400. It's worth considering RME for their drivers alone.

Regards. Rimmer..
        <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

• zarmeda
          zarmeda commented
          Editing a comment

Information so wonderful thank you for your response

back acne treatment best acne treatment

• zarmeda
          zarmeda commented
          Editing a comment

Rimmer wrote:
          Glad it's sorted. There is some conflict thing going on here with mine and the 50% or bellows system vulnerable reduces dramatically the amount of bum outs on my game system.

My MBP is solid with audio and is flawless with my RME fireface 400. It's worth considering RME for their drivers alone.

Regards. Rimmer..

Information so wonderful thank you for your response

Working...
      X