Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Software sound modules and a gig-worthy computer.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software sound modules and a gig-worthy computer.

I hope I'm not coming off as completely stupid, but... I have been using a MIDI Sequencer (Yamaha QY 700) to make music as a one man band for 13 years. I finally decided on a DAW software package (ableton live 8.2) to update my setup. I got the software last week and am trying to get a computer to run it on and off stage. Any suggestions? I also am wondering if my new software comes with the sounds built in for my MIDI files to trigger or if I still need to use my QY as a sound module. Any help/advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

More to the point; Would this computer run my software?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215371
    The Windows system requirements for my software are 2GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatable CPU or faster (multicore CPU reccommended) - 2GB RAM (4GB recommended) - Windows 7 or Vista - Windows compatable sound card (ASIO recommended) DVD ROM drive (Quick time recommended)

I am open to a Mac computer, but I've never had one before and don't really want to have to learn a new operating system on top of everything else.

Comment

• twostone
      twostone commented
      Editing a comment

For live application   I'm using HP Pro Book 4530s i5 along with Startech express card with Texas Instrument chip FW card with a Presonus Firestudio Mobile with Firewire 400 cable  and midi cable to a Roland TD-10 V drum module with a acoutic kit I converted to a e-kit since I live in apt. and have have TRS to XLR cable from the mian out of the Presonus FSM  to send to the FOH mixer.

Then tweak  Toontrack's Superior Drummer mixer so the I have the right mix through the PA. Pretty darn sure it work with with your sampler and software, since Fiewire streams faster then usb since my first attemp was with a usb/midi cable but had to much latency. Since usb can't stream as fast as fireiwre. 

Here reference video which he's using a Dell lappy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9BRq8mW6AE

It's very good

Stingray City Tours<br>Grand Cayman Island Cruise

Comment

Working...
    X