Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best USB mini keys controller on the market?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best USB mini keys controller on the market?

Who makes the best USB mini keyboard controller on the market? Pretty much all of them can be had for under $100. What has the best feel and features?

I already use an M-Audio Axiom 61 (1st Gen) for studio and live use...but might want a mini controller for "on the go" situations.

Or should I just wait until after the NAMM show?
    Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Depends...I've used the Akai and the new Korg nanoSERIES 2 controllers. The Korgs have almost no travel on the switches, not dissimilar from a touch keyboard. The Akai keys actually go up and down a bit, and have a somewhat springy feel.

The Korg keyboard seems like it might hold up better because it's basically pushbuttons, but the feel on the Akai is a little more "keyboard-like." I found I had to get used to the Korg feel more than I did the Akai. However, if I had to choose one to throw into a laptop bag without a case, it would be the Korg.

One thing they have in common is I was surprised by the predictability of the velocity response. I thought it would vary all over the place but it seemed pretty consistent from key to key, and consistent with how hard you hit the keys.
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Click here for my review of the Korg nanoSERIES 2.
      N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Working...
      X