Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to build linux desktop for recording. Halp...?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to build linux desktop for recording. Halp...?

So I've got a budget of 500 bucks. I do mostly lofi cassette transfers and soundtrack to life sort of stuff as far as recording goes, and I've always really been interested in linux. Just want to know what some good linux compatible hardware is. Also what are some of the awesome production programs on linux? Any help is much appreciated.

So I've got a budget of 500 bucks. I do mostly lofi cassette transfers and soundtrack to life sort of stuff as far as recording goes, and I've always really been interested in linux. Just want to know what some good linux compatible hardware is. Also what are some of the awesome production programs on linux? Any help is much appreciated.

you are going to have two problems:

Finding Recording Software, and finding Drivers for current hardware. Most companies - if not all of them, focus on Windows and Mac... that's just a fact of life.
    Support your fellow HC members!
    PTD-1
    For Cables & Racks, Roadcases and Case Hardware : Audiopile.net
    For Vocal help: Vocal Forum Moderator Al Koehn's The Secrets of Successful Singing,

Originally Posted by agedhorse

You can't bridge these amps (yay).

Comment

As far as softwar goes, www.ardour.org should do everything you need.

THIS article is old, but lists a table of soundcards you could check out; most are still sold.
      Tim O'Brien

Comment

Working...
      X