X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT(?): Balance/pan app for Ipod Touch 3G

Does anyone know of any apps available that would provide balance/pan controls for an ipod while playing back tunes?

I've searched the itunes store without success.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of any apps available that would provide balance/pan controls for an ipod while playing back tunes?

I've searched the itunes store without success.

Thanks.

Please put me out of my misery and explain to me as to why you need a balance control for an iPod??

Regards. Rimmer
    <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

I'm having an issue with s set of IEMs recently purchased. For whatever reason, they seem to not be as loud on the right channel as on the left. Balance/pan control would even out the volume between the channels.

Comment

I'm having an issue with s set of IEMs recently purchased. For whatever reason, they seem to not be as loud on the right channel as on the left. Balance/pan control would even out the volume between the channels.

Sorry. What are IEM's? Near field monitors, headphones?

I had a set of Near fields that were like that. Very slightly out so you could hear the sound leaning to the left.. Faulty basically.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">"(The New Testament) is a work of crude carpentry, hammered together long after its purported events, and full of improvised attempts to make things come out right." Christopher Hitchens, R.I.P</div>

Comment

Sorry. What are IEM's? Near field monitors, headphones?

I had a set of Near fields that were like that. Very slightly out so you could hear the sound leaning to the left.. Faulty basically.

In ear monitors, and this is precisely the problem I am having. It always bothered me that Apple puts only a crappy, pre-set equalizer option in its ipods, and no tone or balance controls. I have found better equalizer apps available, but none of them have balance controls, so if anyone knows of any, I'm all ears (no pun intended).

Comment

In ear monitors, and this is precisely the problem I am having. It always bothered me that Apple puts only a crappy, pre-set equalizer option in its ipods, and no tone or balance controls. I have found better equalizer apps available, but none of them have balance controls, so if anyone knows of any, I'm all ears (no pun intended).

I agree. Some people's ears work differently per side so a balance control should be essential in any audio device. One of Apple's 'stupid' moments I think.

The Mac however does offer balance controls. Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES --> SOUND and the balance control is in there.. Okay for iTunes etc but it's not going to help you with your iPod.

As far as your earphones are concerned, I would pop some music on, then swap the ear phones from one ear to the other. If it's the headphones that are either louder/quieter compared to each other i'd take them back as they are obviously not right

Comment

I had exactly the same problem. There are stacks of old and new play-along tracks that need this facility.

I just found the solution you are looking for. It's an app called EQ 10 - Equalizer for iOS.

It costs £1.49 from iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eq-10-equalizer-for-ios/id436991303?mt=8 .

It's just the job for panning, EQ and volume balancing, and with a very good, intuitive Apple-like interface.

JW

Comment

Working...
              X