quiet external harddrive?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet external harddrive?

Hi,

Do you guys have any suggestions for the quietest external harddrive (firewire or usb 2.0 or combo, doesn't really matter). I need a minimum size of 80 gigs. Thanks.

Get a firewire enclosure and a Seagate Barracuda IV. They are the quietest drives available. (Quite reliable too.)

Comment

I don't want to buy 2 seperate things, I just want to get one external hard drive. Any suggestions on which is the quietest?

Comment

Okay let me be more specific, my choices are by Acomdata, Maxtor, Western Digital, Lacie, and Seagate. Please let me know which of these companies produce the quietest external hard drive. Thanks.

Comment

I've heard good things about Lacie- plus you can stack them together or something.... I dunno- the Guys at the Pro Tools forums reccomend them... so take it for what it;s worth.
          something witty.

Comment

I'd recommend the Seagate, IF it's a Barracuda IV or higher. Then it would have the fluid dynamics bearings. (Which is why they are so quiet. On the other hand, if there's a small fan in the enclosure, it'll probably be loud anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X