Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay, new forum !

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played the tenor sax back in junior high/high school (circa 1985-1989). Marching band and Jazz band. After graduating I played a little alto my first year or so of college.

years gone by...

continued my singing and keyboard playing, and developed or improved my guitar and bass skills...

...in 1995 the sax player of my band let me play his tenor, and that was it for a long time...

...flash forward to 2005. Influenced by such things as friends playing tenor sax and watching streetcorner brass bands play in (pre Katrina) New Orleans, I got inspired and...

...In January 2006, after making a new year's resolution, I bought an alto sax.

Played it, and after a few minutes, it was like picking up where I left off. Cool, huh?

So if you wanna get back into the sax, by all means do it!
    Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

Does this count?

WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF HCBF!!! 08/22/2007

Winner of the King Kashue Best topical picture *EVAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR* Award.

You are the only person who has clothes I envy. - D Aussie

http://www.myspace.com/drowka

Fire Sale! Everything must go!
      New Lower Prices!!!!
      Ibanez ATK300RSP BK-$599
      NS CRM4 -$1799

Comment

You play clarinet synth ?
        1/3 solid knowledge, 1/3 common sense, 1/3 made-up bull****************
        Living fossile from a dead world

Comment

It's a yamaha WX5 wind midi controller I've got mated with a Yama VL70-m tone generator.

The WX senses breath (the harder you blow, the louder the note), embouchure (you can effectively do small pitch bends by tightening/losening your lips) and it has a saxaphone note fingering pattern.

I'm playing tonight, actually.
          WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF HCBF!!! 08/22/2007

Winner of the King Kashue Best topical picture *EVAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR* Award.

You are the only person who has clothes I envy. - D Aussie

http://www.myspace.com/drowka

Fire Sale! Everything must go!
          New Lower Prices!!!!
          Ibanez ATK300RSP BK-$599
          NS CRM4 -$1799

Comment

I started playing alto sax in the 5th grade and I had a 14 block walk to school. It was pure torture carrying the sax all that way.

In the 80's, I was a paratrooper in the Army and one day, I heard that the base band needed musicians so I went and auditioned just for yucks. I made the grade and for the next 3 years, I played tenor sax, guitar and sang in front of thousands of people including foriegn dignitaries, high ranking military and various politicians.

It was great playing with such a talented group of people without all the typical baggage that musicians generally carry.

My son started alto saxophone lessons last year.
            member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

I've got a pair of trumpets, an ancient Conn student model and a more recent Bach TR200. I've also been borrowing a school Yamaha and even a flugelhorn.

I'm selling the Bach this summer and getting something decent. I'm leaning towards Kanstul right now, maybe Schilke.

Its a good thing we got this forum. Now I don't have to register at another one

I'll actually be switching from bass to trumpet as my major instrument next year.
              Play more bass.

Comment

Originally posted by quilt_top
                I started playing alto sax in the 5th grade and I had a 14 block walk to school. It was pure torture carrying the sax all that way.

I am totally with you on that one. Although it's not quite as bad as having to carry a sousaphone in the Cherry Blossom parade in DC though. And having an **************************** band director who makes the band march the whole entire way back to the buses.
                MIM Jazz 5 Deluxe (Fiesta!)
                SX Fretless 5

Because I'm a liberal, I support America and hate terrorism.

Member HCBF "DEATH TO FALSE METAL!" Club

Comment

Originally posted by AntiStuff

And having an **************************** band director who makes the band march the whole entire way back to the buses.

Talking about **************************** dierctors, my 8th grade band director used to throw his baton at us kids who played the wrong notes or just sounded bad. He's lucky nobody got their eye taken out with his temper tantrums.

If he did that now? And with my son????
                  member of the sg army

in rock n roll alliance with the mazi bee militia

Comment

I would just like to say, moving the "this forum blows!" thread to OJ was a beautiful move!
                    I am hiding, that is why you cant see me!

Comment

I too thought it was a good idea.

Comment

J/k, good luck with the new forum!
                        Proud member of the HCBF:
                        Geddy Lee Jazz Owners Club

The handicap stall is the Cadillac of the restroom.

Comment

Comment

I was gonna troll this!!!!!!!
                            "ugh"

-Terry D.

Comment

No wind forum would be complete without her.

Comment

I wanna see her do it!!!
                                ?

Comment

Working...
                                X