Does playing an instrument benefit your brain?

• Members

So musicians develop superior brain function through all that hard work and study. Just goes to prove brain power has nothing to do with your earning power because most musicians are dirt poor and many others spend allot of time trying to dumb themselves down attempting to tame that brain activity using drugs. Doesn't work out very well because all musicians are nuts for choosing music as a profession.

• Members

Musicians aren't crazy because of music.They go nuts because of the road, addiction, poverty, isolation, women and fame. Alas, the reality of our superior intellect robs us of our emotional stability, hence we seek relief through sound and approval of others. I know firsthand it's my inability to deal with my own superior intellect and oversized ego that is the cause of most of my issues, that and unhealed childhood fears and scars. But music itself is not blame,it is only a language and an experience Alas musicians also don't prepare for alternatives, without a secondary focus on achievement and wealth building the ideals and pursuit of music is a miserable affair.

Archived