Tin Whistle has a crack in the mouthpiece

• Members

So I've had my Clarke D tin whistle for some months (maybe four?) and I recently broke my hand, so I was in a cast and couldn't play for four weeks, and I just now got out my cast this week.  And I noticed that my tin whistle has a crack in it, starting at where it connects to the body, and then it goes all the way to the opening where the air comes out of.  I can move the mouthpiece a little bit and it worrys me; I'm super scared that's it gonna break off, though it plays fine.  How should I do to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

rockketheart wrote:

So I've had my Clarke D tin whistle for some months (maybe four?) and I recently broke my hand, so I was in a cast and couldn't play for four weeks, and I just now got out my cast this week.  And I noticed that my tin whistle has a crack in it, starting at where it connects to the body, and then it goes all the way to the opening where the air comes out of.  I can move the mouthpiece a little bit and it worrys me; I'm super scared that's it gonna break off, though it plays fine.  How should I do to fix it?

My wife's favorite "D" whistle developed a similar crack, so I filled the crack with epoxy glue, after first coating the metal area the mouthpiece sets upon with vegetable oil (so it wouldn't stick)...so far (a bit over a year), so good.

Archived