• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here play trumpet?

I don't

discuss
    Originally Posted by Notes_Norton

I'm sorry for the rant, but death threats, hate mail, and hundreds of pizzas not picked up really irks me.

Originally Posted by Mossy Moss

I liked you better as your previous alt. Now you're just a giant walking vagina filled with sand and yeast.

I don`t ether.

But I knew a trumpet player once. I made fun of his hair. He had a cute girlfriend. I think he was a mexican, but I am not sure. And he played notes. He played notes on the trumpet.

Comment

I don't either, but I know lots of people that plays

Comment

Trumpet was my first instrument. About two years ago my Wife got one from a co-worker to replace the one my Son pretty much destroyed while growing up and I added it for some dual horn parts with the band. (Mostly R&B. Horns are OK.) I've always had a good tone. Range was and is the only problem. I can get up to the B above the staff, but higher really isn't an option in my life.

Comment

What do you want?
          Good deals: crxshdxmmy, Sn8ke, slb325, davydusade, shooto, jazzgeetar, pmartinez66, jjegg
          nonis, Xenoanthropus, rirakuma, chuckmehh, Flatline, scotty66, MickTaylorFan, Ratbatblues

"Jimi did not use vintage gear." -epc

"Play a Telecaster. Sound guys can't **************** with a Telecaster." -epc

Comment

Just to keep the thread going. Yes, I play the trumpet amongst other things, though my main instruments are clarinet, sax and keyboards. I also have a flute and oboe which I play from time to time.

Bryan
            The Lone Arranger (and resident old guy)

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make a silk purse out of a pig in a poke.

Comment

O.K. then. I've been looking at pocket trumpets. Full size bell though. Any body know about "Carol" stuff? bflat, any finish. Anything else got decent tone? Not sure I would commit to new but it's tempting. http://www.carolbrass.com/product_post.php?i=147

Shamarr Allen actually busts this black nickel/gold horn out of it's case at about 30 so you can fwd past hype. Plays horn at 4:30 for about a minute.
              Good deals: crxshdxmmy, Sn8ke, slb325, davydusade, shooto, jazzgeetar, pmartinez66, jjegg
              nonis, Xenoanthropus, rirakuma, chuckmehh, Flatline, scotty66, MickTaylorFan, Ratbatblues

"Jimi did not use vintage gear." -epc

"Play a Telecaster. Sound guys can't **************** with a Telecaster." -epc

Comment

Working...
              X