Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Kanstul 1500A review

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanstul 1500A review

A couple months ago, I purchased a used Kanstul 1500A. If you aren't familiar with the lineup, the 1500A is a heavy trumpet with sheet bracing. I've had this horn for about two months now and have had the time to play it a bit.

Mine is a lacquer trumpet and looks very nice. The slides all work well and the valves are very fast. I'm sometimes a little wary about used trumpets mechanically but this one was well taken care of.

I purchased this horn because it was a good price and I wanted something a little closer to the jazz trumpeters I've been listening to, sound wise. And it's honestly a bit of a disappointment. With a big mouthpiece, it sounds practically identical to my 1600 and doesn't respond quite as quickly. Only when I get up to about a high C does it sound a little bit thicker. With a shallow mouthpiece, I can get a little bit of that smoky sound out of it. Having played most of Kanstul's other horns, the vanilla 1500 is closer to what I want.

This isn't a horn I'll be keeping. I wanted to try a heavy horn, and now I have. When something else comes along I'd rather have, this one will go.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Play more bass.<br />
    </div>

http://www.monette.net/newsite/descriptionPRANAFLUMPET.htm Monette Prana Flumpet I'm waiting for Monette to come out with an Eb tuba though I'm sure I'd have to get sell everything I own and get a crane to lift/hold it for me.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Sing to Him, sing praise to Him;<br />
    tell of all His wonderful acts.<br />
    Psalm105:2<br />
    </div>

Comment

I got to play a Chicago Monette not long ago. This was my first experience with a Monette horn. I liked it a lot.

I've also played a Taylor, and I actually liked it more than the Monette.

As a teacher, you should get a couple well-built students to use as a tuba stand for your 120 lb. Monette tuba.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Play more bass.<br />
      </div>

Comment

Working...
      X