Would it kill you guys to make it Harminica,Woodwinds and Brass?

• Members

I think it would really do a lot to get more people posting here about playing Harmonicas(aka Harps) if you could PLEASE, put it into the title of the forum. It'd also help anyone who was using a search engine like Google to be directed here as well. Heck, I've been on this forum for over 4 years and didn't even know we had a place to post about harmonicas, just figured this place was for band instruments and stuff. Anyway, Pretty Please with a Cherry on top, put "Harmonicas" in the title.:idea:

• Members

A harmonica is a woodwind instrument. I personally see no need to add specific instruments to the heading.

Even with that being the case how many people know that. When I think of Woodwind I think of Sax or Clarinet not Harmonica. Also, anyone doing a google search will not get this forum if they search for "Harmonica" because it's not in the title of the forum.

I understand your logic but on a more practical note it doesn't hold up. It's one word, it would go a long way in pointing harp players to this forum and who knows, it just may come alive in here if you would just Please add that one little word.;)

• Members
I think it would really do a lot to get more people posting here about playing Harmonicas(aka Harps) if you could PLEASE, put it into the title of the forum. It'd also help anyone who was using a search engine like Google to be directed here as well. Heck, I've been on this forum for over 4 years and didn't even know we had a place to post about harmonicas, just figured this place was for band instruments and stuff. Anyway, Pretty Please with a Cherry on top, put "Harmonicas" in the title.
:idea:

Why are they also know as "Harps", it doesn't make any sense. There's no "p" in "harmonicas" and the harp has always been a stringed instrument. I think you're making it up about them also being called "harps". If anything, I think harmonicas should be added to the "triangle, tambourine and cowbell" forum, since the skill level required to play it is about the same.:thu:

• Members

In the late 1800's they became known as French Harps which was later shortened to just Harps.

As for the skill level needed to play one, well, it's the same as anything else. You can learn a few basic things and play or you can devote more attention to it and become highly skilled like Jason Ricci. Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]daDDlRvIWa4[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Google will search through posts and topics for "harmonica." Simply by creating topics or typing "harmonica" in a post, it pushes the listings up. If we get enough activity on harmonicas alone I'll push for setting up a whole forum, but as it stands there isn't enough activity.

And in my extremely short time playing harmonica, I did know that it was referred to as a harp as well.

Archived