Powered usb to midi interface?

• Members

Hi,

I am considering purchasing an Akai Ewi USB. The ewi is powered by the usb cable connected to a computer. I'd like to connect the ewi to a midi keyboard. I have not been able to find a usb to midi interface that supplies power. All I have found are usb bus powered interfaces. Does anyone know of a powered usb midi interface?

Would a powered usb hub and a usb bus powered midi interface work? (I don't know if the power goes out both sides of a powered usb hub.)

My first choice is a powered usb midi interface.

Thanks,

George

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi,

I am considering purchasing an Akai Ewi USB. The ewi is powered by the usb cable connected to a computer. I'd like to connect the ewi to a midi keyboard. I have not been able to find a usb to midi interface that supplies power. All I have found are usb bus powered interfaces. Does anyone know of a powered usb midi interface?

Would a powered usb hub and a usb bus powered midi interface work? (I don't know if the power goes out both sides of a powered usb hub.)

My first choice is a powered usb midi interface.

Thanks,

George

I don't know if this is helpful or not but I have a keyboard controller that I power with a usb cable but I don't use that cable to send midi information, instead I use a usb-midi interface and hook up to the keyboard with its midi jack.

Does that make sense?

Archived