Zeppelin's "Bring It On Home": the harp part

• Members

I'm working on learning the harmonica part to Zep's Bring It On Home. This works nicely, since a) I used to play a lot of harp, (like a metric {censored} ton for several years), and have been looking for a reason/way to bring it in to what me and the neighbor are doing, and b) that song starts and ends soft, with harmonica and guitar only, and no bass.

The piece is in E, I got an A harp so I could be in the right key for the majority of it to be draw harp. But, I'm finding I wish I had some more room on the bottom, and am thinking I'd rather have a C harp, so that I'd have another note down, and maybe better room.

Does anyone do Zep's Bring It On Home? If so, who does the harp part, and what key harp do they use?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

has to be Percy playing the harp on that...and i seriously doubt he was doing anything other than playing crossed...but i've not tried it. from memory theres a lot of very bass-y distorted vocal on the part with the harp...it was like an homage to sonny boy II...whom i think did play with the yardbirds on a visit to england...dunno if pagey was playing with them at that time...but anyway...i reckon that real low tone he got was a combination of bending, an overdriven amp with way bass-heavy EQ, a real tight cup on the mic to overdrive the element...and a A major harp...

but i'm only guessing

• Members

has to be Percy playing the harp on that...and i seriously doubt he was doing anything other than playing crossed...but i've not tried it. from memory theres a lot of very bass-y distorted vocal on the part with the harp...it was like an homage to sonny boy II...whom i think did play with the yardbirds on a visit to england...dunno if pagey was playing with them at that time...but anyway...i reckon that real low tone he got was a combination of bending, an overdriven amp with way bass-heavy EQ, a real tight cup on the mic to overdrive the element...and a A major harp...

but i'm only guessing

strong first post

Archived