Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Faddis

Any Jon Faddis fans in here? I've been listening to him all day and its been fantastic.

I love Faddis. He is a superb player and makes some really great music on top of it. Obviously, he is excellent at high notes and extremely technical passages, but he can also play a melodic line with the best out there.

Hornucopia finds its way into my car stereo fairly often.
    Play more bass.

Comment

I saw Jon Faddis, as a sideman, on October 21, 1978. How do I remember that date? He was playing alongside Dizzy Gillespie and it was Dizzy's 61st birthday. They brought a cake on stage for him. When I went backstage and waited to meet him, his wife brought me a piece.

Comment

I saw Jon Faddis the first time at TMEA, Texas All State. He was at the Schilke booth with a name tag that said Dave O'Neill. He denied that he was Jon Faddis. A couple hours later, I heard the first licks from "Into the Faddisspere", and by the time I got there, he was surrounded by trumpet players. Needless to say, the secret was out. I do love to listen to his playing.
        Visit http://www.trumpetfinder.com for the best deals on trumpets and accessories!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder - it's been years since I listened to any Faddis..I'll have to dig the CD's out.
          Mike Saville

How To Practice

Comment

Working...
          X