Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic reeds.?

Are they worth the extra money.?

I like the idea that they can last months at a time, how does sound quality compare.?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3"><font color="red">)o(</font> </font></div>

ANY reed brand you get is subjective; the only thing you can do is try one and see if you like them.

I hated the early Rico Plasticovers but now I really like them.
    I've only tried one of the Bari reeds and didn't care for it.
    I really like the Fibracells; they do seem to last forever.

I also seem to prefer them about a 1/2 softer; I'm now down to a 2.5 on my tenor.

But some people are pickier than others; it all boils down to what YOU like.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

Comment

I have recomended them to my beginning band students as most of the kiddos go through a couple of regular reeds a week so the cost offsets itself. I use them for myself (Bari or Fibracell) but primarily so that I can set up a clarinet or a sax to keep at the front of my band room so I can just pick up and play with my students. Beyond that I think it is up to the individual. Try it and see what you think; if you're happy with the sound use it, if you're not then you are only out a few extra bucks.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Sing to Him, sing praise to Him;<br />
      tell of all His wonderful acts.<br />
      Psalm105:2<br />
      </div>

Comment

Ta.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="3"><font color="red">)o(</font> </font></div>

Comment

Working...
        X