maynard ferguson estate sale.

• Members

If a double high C is built into Maynard's horns, I'll send them my AmEx # today!

They want someone to buy the whole lot. Good luck. There are wealthy guitar collectors who would think nothing about spending millions $$ on a major player's collection.

Unless it's a matter of money, you'd think Maynard's family would want his things in the hands of some of the guys who played in his bands over the years. If it is a matter of money, his horns and memorabilia would probably sell for more individually than as a bulk lot.

• Members

If a double high C is built into Maynard's horns, I'll send them my AmEx # today!

They want someone to buy the whole lot. Good luck. There are wealthy guitar collectors who would think nothing about spending millions $$ on a major player's collection.

Unless it's a matter of money, you'd think Maynard's family would want his things in the hands of some of the guys who played in his bands over the years. If it is a matter of money, his horns and memorabilia would probably sell for more individually than as a bulk lot.

Yeah, that's weird how they're doing that. Maybe they don't actually want to sell anything and they're doing it for some ulterior reason? Dunno, but I really can't see anyone rich enough and interested enough in his estate. What's probably going to end up happening is a few wealthy businessmen are going to create an LLC to buy it, then they'll sell off the items individually for a profit.

• Members

I saw Maynard 30 years ago when I was a teen. He was touring for the "New Vintage" album. He played a bar in Poughkeepsie called The Chance. It's still my all time favorite music venue, but it might be long gone. I wasn't yet old enough to drink so my parents came with me to the door and asked the doorman to let me in to see the show. Cool. The greatest thrill was meeting Maynard after the show and having him sign my copy of "Conquistador". A very young Peter Erskine was his drummer on that date.

MF was an idol to me at that time. I had all the albums. I even bought the charts to "Maria" to play with my high school jazz ensemble even though I couldn't rip the high notes (I topped out at E). Good times.

• Members

I saw Maynard 30 years ago when I was a teen. He was touring for the "New Vintage" album. He played a bar in Poughkeepsie called The Chance. It's still my all time favorite music venue, but it might be long gone. I wasn't yet old enough to drink so my parents came with me to the door and asked the doorman to let me in to see the show. Cool. The greatest thrill was meeting Maynard after the show and having him sign my copy of "Conquistador". A very young Peter Erskine was his drummer on that date.

MF was an idol to me at that time. I had all the albums. I even bought the charts to "Maria" to play with my high school jazz ensemble even though I couldn't rip the high notes (I topped out at E). Good times.

Aha, the Chance is still around. My brother's band played there not too long ago.

That's awesome, though, that you got to meet him and all that jazz.

Archived