Ukulele Hunting

• Members

I'm planning to purchase my first Ukulele. This is pretty much going to be blind purchase as my store doesn't stock the model I am currently looking at in house nor do any other stores in my area that I know of so 'm looking for an feedback I can get on the Lanikai Curly Koa CK-TEK Tenor Ukulele w/ Fishman Kula electronics. I'm primarily a guitarist so the Uke world is fairly new to me but if anyone has any feedback on this Uke or would like to recommend something better at this price range I'd appreciate it. I'm currently looking for a Tenor size and Koa body. Electronics are a plus but not necessary.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry I didn't see this until now. I publish Ukulele Player Magazine. The Lanikai you mention is well-built, but, it is not a good acoustic performer. I'd compare it to solid wood instruments from Ohana and check out some of the Kala uke line before making a buying decision. If you already bought a uke, consider talking with Mike at UkeRepublic or Noel Tardy at UkeLady Music before making your next purchase. Most people own more than one uke.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived