X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues Ukulele. Can It Be Done?

It can be done, I hope you think.   Soprano, Gibson Uke-3, with my saxophone buddy Mike Lawler.

https://www.box.com/s/zcf1piswdurm6ga64c40

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOddmanout1

Cool stuff. All three uhvum.

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...
    <div class="signaturecontainer">
    <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Write Something...

Comment

• Neal
      Neal commented
      Editing a comment

Hey, thanks!

• 1001gear
      1001gear commented
      Editing a comment

You should try sneak it into the other guitar forums.

• Neal
      Neal commented
      Editing a comment

Put it in the Acoustic forum, surprisingly, more views here.  Thanks for the encouragement, it's much appreciated.

Great music!

You should create a "Blues Persona", Neal...something like "Blind Lester Auwiolimu" or similar.

Comment

• Neal
      Neal commented
      Editing a comment

Ha!  Y'know, because the uke is STILL considered one of those "fringe" instruments, in spite of folks like James Hill and that Jake fella, you may have an idea there.  I got plenty of blues to go on these things, it's one of those instruments that you can span 6-7 frets, 4 strings makes those pesky diminished 7th chords sound out, and the play of the high G on the bottom makes it sort of interesting, at least to me..

I'll give that some serious thought.  Have you searched "Blues uke" on youtube?   Not impressed with most.  Though that isn't to say I'm gonna rock the world with it.  

How 'bout "Stormy Monday"?  Allman Bros version.  I'll start thinking about that one.  Maybe as Blind Willie Alimanawu.

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

Neal wrote:

Ha!  Y'know, because the uke is STILL considered one of those "fringe" instruments, in spite of folks like James Hill and that Jake fella, you may have an idea there.  I got plenty of blues to go on these things, it's one of those instruments that you can span 6-7 frets, 4 strings makes those pesky diminished 7th chords sound out, and the play of the high G on the bottom makes it sort of interesting, at least to me..

I'll give that some serious thought.  Have you searched "Blues uke" on youtube?   Not impressed with most.  Though that isn't to say I'm gonna rock the world with it.  

How 'bout "Stormy Monday"?  Allman Bros version.  I'll start thinking about that one.  Maybe as Blind Willie Alimanawu.

Go for it!

• Neal
      Neal commented
      Editing a comment

Thinkin' , thinkin'.....

Working...
X