Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accordion ever gonna make a comeback?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm an accordionist! I personally love it, it's such a versatile, fun instrument to play and you always notice the accordion sound. However it can be difficult for me when I want to play metal (my preferred genre) or prog-rock rather than 'normal' stuff like classical or folk (although I'm learning this too for the practice). Stereotypes suck.

Comment

Funny thing: someone just passed on the number of a local accordion player. I'm going to reach out to him when we're done in the studio, as we're in the middle of tracking for our next two EP's.
      http://thekiltlifters.com

Comment

I once saw Bruce Hornsby playing one with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden. It was impressive. I think h p[lays them at his concerts regularly

Comment

I reached out to a local accordion player this week to see if he was interested in playing. He wasn't.
          http://thekiltlifters.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrHarryReems View Post
            I reached out to a local accordion player this week to see if he was interested in playing. He wasn't.
            No one likes being reached out to. It's icky. Next time, try just talking.

Thread status: posted in 2013 and still going strong!
            Del
            www.thefullertons.net
            ( •)—:::
            Sent on my six-string jumbo ukelele

Comment

Ultimately the last time an accordion being mainstream was in the 1950s in Scandinavia
              Last edited by ficken2; 05-26-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

lol exactly - I give up, what is this instrument "coming back" from? It was never exactly mainstream. (Not a criticism, to the hissy fit types...I like the instrument just fine)

Originally posted by Busrider View Post
                I once saw Bruce Hornsby playing one with the Grateful Dead at Madison Square Garden. It was impressive. I think h p[lays them at his concerts regularly
                Well, Hornsby is impressive. The guy is one of a kind, very eclectic and just plain talented as hell. I saw him do a charity show once In Richmond, just him on piano, absolutely blew the keys right off of that piano. Wow.
                Last edited by bill5; 06-01-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X