Ukulele- Any Interest in this morass of 6 string junkies?

Neal

• Members

Just curious, been posting in the acoustic guitar area, and while the response is as polite as it can ever get 'round these parts, most definitely not enthusiastic.   I'm a guitar player as well, but have focused on uke for the last 7 or 8 years.  Cool little instrument.  The stuff I play be in the links in the sig if yer so inclined.

• Members

Ha! You guys...

Waitaminute Graeca, I seem to remember that in "Crossroads" (Ralph Macchio) Satan's fella was playing an Ibanez electric....

And Santa only brings those cheap ukes that never tune properly...

AND, your handle has all the letters of the strings, GCEA. You're PERFECT for it.

PR, strumming is excellent, that's the perfect instrument for it. They have a good "chop", too.

• Members

I got a nice Ibanez acoustic-electric Ukulele in December. It was an awesome instrument, but I had to send it back because of faulty electronics. Loads of fun to play though. I actually started teaching my friend to play it. I think I'm gonna get her one of her own for graduation.

• Members

I've played ukes for about 10 years now, though I had to sell mine a couple of years ago during a lay-off. I did a lot of Tin Pan Alley stuff from the 1910's through the 1940's on it.

I learned that you have to invest a bit of money to get a good uke; I had a Bushman Jenny. I hope to replace it soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived