Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukulele- Any Interest in this morass of 6 string junkies?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukulele- Any Interest in this morass of 6 string junkies?

Just curious, been posting in the acoustic guitar area, and while the response is as polite as it can ever get 'round these parts, most definitely not enthusiastic.   I'm a guitar player as well, but have focused on uke for the last 7 or 8 years.  Cool little instrument.  The stuff I play be in the links in the sig if yer so inclined.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrOddmanout1

But...but...but...the ukelele is an instrument of Satan (or Santa...**bleep** dislexia!)

Comment

Love the wee instruments but I'm more a uke-strumming George Formby wannabe than a serious player.

Comment

• Neal
        Neal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! You guys...

Waitaminute Graeca, I seem to remember that in "Crossroads" (Ralph Macchio) Satan's fella was playing an Ibanez electric....

And Santa only brings those cheap ukes that never tune properly...

AND, your handle has all the letters of the strings, GCEA. You're PERFECT for it.

PR, strumming is excellent, that's the perfect instrument for it. They have a good "chop", too.

• Graeca
        Graeca commented
        Editing a comment

Neal wrote:
        Ha! You guys...

Waitaminute Graeca, I seem to remember that in "Crossroads" (Ralph Macchio) Satan's fella was playing an Ibanez electric....  1

And Santa only brings those cheap ukes that never tune properly...

AND, your handle has all the letters of the strings, GCEA. You're PERFECT for it. 2

PR, strumming is excellent, that's the perfect instrument for it. They have a good "chop", too.

1 Yup

2 Yup

I got a nice Ibanez acoustic-electric Ukulele in December. It was an awesome instrument, but I had to send it back because of faulty electronics. Loads of fun to play though. I actually started teaching my friend to play it. I think I'm gonna get her one of her own for graduation.

Comment

I've played ukes for about 10 years now, though I had to sell mine a couple of years ago during a lay-off. I did a lot of Tin Pan Alley stuff from the 1910's through the 1940's on it.

I learned that you have to invest a bit of money to get a good uke; I had a Bushman Jenny. I hope to replace it soon.

Comment

• Pine Apple Slim
          Pine Apple Slim commented
          Editing a comment

2-3 yrs ago I got an AnueNue long neck tenor for Christmas. Fun little buggers ukes are. Probably the perfect "couch instrument". Here's a couple of vids form back when I first got it.

• Neal
          Neal commented
          Editing a comment
          Ukes... Gotta love 'em! Good job on those Pineapple!

• masterbuilt
          masterbuilt commented
          Editing a comment
          aNueNue does a good job with their line of ukes. They have a really interesting Nunes copy (Leonardo, not his father). The "Vision 1879" is what they call it, but it is based on a c. 1917 model. Solid Hawaiian Koa, peanut shape, super light.

http://www.lessfatmoremuscle.net/2013/01/make-2013-health-goals/

It’s 2013 and Less Fat More Muscle is pumped up for a terrific year. Less Fat More Muscle has set itself some health goals for 2013…and chief among them is making sure that you MAKE 2013 YOUR HEALTHIEST YEAR EVER.

Comment

• Neal
          Neal commented
          Editing a comment

spam spam spam spam.

Working...
      X