Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever tried the Harplock harmonica holder?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone ever tried the Harplock harmonica holder?

    I wanted to try one of these out at the NAMM show last month but couldn't find them. It's a metal unit that attaches to the mic and holds the harp magnetically. The website shows the creator using it while performing and switching harps mid song without missing a beat, something I'd never be able to do with my around-the-neck affair. Cost is only $30, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to throw that kind of money away on something that doesn't work as advertised.

    Anybody ever used one on a gig?
    Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

  • #2

    Doesn't seem like you have much that could go wrong. 

    <div class="signaturecontainer">Play more bass.<br />
    </div>

    Comment


    • #3

      MDLMUSIC wrote:
      I wanted to try one of these out at the NAMM show last month but couldn't find them. It's a metal unit that attaches to the mic and holds the harp magnetically. The website shows the creator using it while performing and switching harps mid song without missing a beat, something I'd never be able to do with my around-the-neck affair. Cost is only $30, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to throw that kind of money away on something that doesn't work as advertised.

      Anybody ever used one on a gig?

       

      Haven't found one yet, but have also been looking at available magnets to epoxy onto one of my racks, so if it doesn't work well enough, I can just pry it off. Would like to eyeball one, though, just to see if what I have in mind is as good as the commercially available version.

      And, I might be a bit cheaper than you, Mike...LOL!

      Fest - 1.jpg

      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4

        Hi Michael,

        HarpLock really does work as promised. If you don't like it or it ever breaks return it for a full refund.

        Take a look at the reviews.

        http://harplock.com/feedback.htm

        Thanks

        Gary Applegate

        www.harplock.com

         

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow! Right from the horse's mouth. I have a couple of gigs coming up and as soon as I get paid, I'll go to the website and order one. Thanks.
          Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

          Comment


          • #6

            MDLMUSIC wrote:
            Wow! Right from the horse's mouth. I have a couple of gigs coming up and as soon as I get paid, I'll go to the website and order one. Thanks.

             

            So, Mike, did you get one, and what are your impressions of it?

            Inquiring minds and all that jive!

            Comment


            • #7
              I never did pull the triggger on one, but I did make one from a piece of PVC pipe and some magnets I had laying around. It works pretty well, but I found out that a couple of my harps are non-magnetic, so it doesn't work with them. It's also a little wierd to always have it stuck there in front of my mouth. I've only used it a few times so far, so I need to try it out a few more times before I decide if it's a keeper or not.
              Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

              Comment


              • #8

                agen bola

                 

                SEYDEL SAXONY

                I think this is the only best harmonica that is still "original" German and made by hand is broke with stainless steel reed design is meeting with his slot, aluminum comb and silver reedplate Germany. The result is a highly responsive harmonica, with a density of tone and movement of the slide is very light and agile. Seydel has been known for a very low responsiveness tone light even to draw his tone

                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9

                  Hi everybody.


                  I'm a guitarist, not a saxophone player (although I do enjoy listening to it). But the sound of the saxophone in this song has captivated me for almost 30 years. I LOVE this sound. I think it's an alto. Can anyone tell me about this sax? Like, is it a certain brand/model? Is it the mouthpiece, neck, reeds, or material that the sax is made out of that produces this sound? Or is it the way the player is playing it. The sax comes in at 2:54. Any info would be appreciated.

                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions with: RooSTER-b, Bro Blue, Oldtone, alloutoftrust,</div>

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    Hi Michael,

                    Check this out (now shipping):  NAMM Show Award-Winning hands-free harmonica holder:

                    www.harparm.com

                     

                    Best regards,

                    Tim

                    Comment


                    • MDLMUSIC
                      MDLMUSIC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This looks like it might work for me. I like the idea of being able to swing it out of the way when not in use. Can I order directly from the website or do I need to go through a music store?

                  • #11

                    Either an alto or tenor. Like every other instrument the sound is from everything working together as a system, from the player to all the parts of the horn to the mic, eq, etc used to record it. You can't say the tone is due to any one part.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      (I'm a sax player)

                      It's an alto. Probably with a metal mouthpiece.

                      Brand really doesn't matter, it's more the player.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

                      Comment


                      • #13

                        Thanks for the responses.

                        I just found out that it's David Sanborn who plays the solo, but I don't know much about him. I'll have to check out his stuff.

                        <div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions with: RooSTER-b, Bro Blue, Oldtone, alloutoftrust,</div>

                        Comment


                        • #14

                          fairybet88 wrote:

                          agen bola

                           

                          SEYDEL SAXONY

                          I think this is the only best harmonica that is still "original" German and made by hand is broke with stainless steel reed design is meeting with his slot, aluminum comb and silver reedplate Germany. The result is a highly responsive harmonica, with a density of tone and movement of the slide is very light and agile. Seydel has been known for a very low responsiveness tone light even to draw his tone


                          Never tried a Seydel, but have played Hohners for about 50 years, and have owned one Lee Oskar.

                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                          • #15

                            HarpArm wrote:

                            Hi Michael,

                            Check this out (now shipping):  NAMM Show Award-Winning hands-free harmonica holder:

                            www.harparm.com

                             

                            Best regards,

                            Tim


                            That's kinda interesting...looks well designed, too!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X