Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever tried the Harplock harmonica holder?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever tried the Harplock harmonica holder?

I wanted to try one of these out at the NAMM show last month but couldn't find them. It's a metal unit that attaches to the mic and holds the harp magnetically. The website shows the creator using it while performing and switching harps mid song without missing a beat, something I'd never be able to do with my around-the-neck affair. Cost is only $30, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to throw that kind of money away on something that doesn't work as advertised.

Anybody ever used one on a gig?
    Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Doesn't seem like you have much that could go wrong. 

<div class="signaturecontainer">Play more bass.<br />
    </div>

Comment

MDLMUSIC wrote:
      I wanted to try one of these out at the NAMM show last month but couldn't find them. It's a metal unit that attaches to the mic and holds the harp magnetically. The website shows the creator using it while performing and switching harps mid song without missing a beat, something I'd never be able to do with my around-the-neck affair. Cost is only $30, but I'm too much of a cheapskate to throw that kind of money away on something that doesn't work as advertised.

Anybody ever used one on a gig?

Haven't found one yet, but have also been looking at available magnets to epoxy onto one of my racks, so if it doesn't work well enough, I can just pry it off. Would like to eyeball one, though, just to see if what I have in mind is as good as the commercially available version.

And, I might be a bit cheaper than you, Mike...LOL!

Fest - 1.jpg

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Michael,

HarpLock really does work as promised. If you don't like it or it ever breaks return it for a full refund.

Take a look at the reviews.

http://harplock.com/feedback.htm

Thanks

Gary Applegate

www.harplock.com

Comment

Wow! Right from the horse's mouth. I have a couple of gigs coming up and as soon as I get paid, I'll go to the website and order one. Thanks.
          Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

MDLMUSIC wrote:
            Wow! Right from the horse's mouth. I have a couple of gigs coming up and as soon as I get paid, I'll go to the website and order one. Thanks.

So, Mike, did you get one, and what are your impressions of it?

Inquiring minds and all that jive!

Comment

I never did pull the triggger on one, but I did make one from a piece of PVC pipe and some magnets I had laying around. It works pretty well, but I found out that a couple of my harps are non-magnetic, so it doesn't work with them. It's also a little wierd to always have it stuck there in front of my mouth. I've only used it a few times so far, so I need to try it out a few more times before I decide if it's a keeper or not.

Comment

agen bola

SEYDEL SAXONY

I think this is the only best harmonica that is still "original" German and made by hand is broke with stainless steel reed design is meeting with his slot, aluminum comb and silver reedplate Germany. The result is a highly responsive harmonica, with a density of tone and movement of the slide is very light and agile. Seydel has been known for a very low responsiveness tone light even to draw his tone

Attached Files

Comment

Hi everybody.

I'm a guitarist, not a saxophone player (although I do enjoy listening to it). But the sound of the saxophone in this song has captivated me for almost 30 years. I LOVE this sound. I think it's an alto. Can anyone tell me about this sax? Like, is it a certain brand/model? Is it the mouthpiece, neck, reeds, or material that the sax is made out of that produces this sound? Or is it the way the player is playing it. The sax comes in at 2:54. Any info would be appreciated.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions with: RooSTER-b, Bro Blue, Oldtone, alloutoftrust,</div>

Comment

Hi Michael,

Check this out (now shipping):  NAMM Show Award-Winning hands-free harmonica holder:

www.harparm.com

Best regards,

Tim

Comment

• MDLMUSIC
                      MDLMUSIC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This looks like it might work for me. I like the idea of being able to swing it out of the way when not in use. Can I order directly from the website or do I need to go through a music store?

Either an alto or tenor. Like every other instrument the sound is from everything working together as a system, from the player to all the parts of the horn to the mic, eq, etc used to record it. You can't say the tone is due to any one part.

Comment

(I'm a sax player)

It's an alto. Probably with a metal mouthpiece.

Brand really doesn't matter, it's more the player.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Tim O'Brien</div>

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I just found out that it's David Sanborn who plays the solo, but I don't know much about him. I'll have to check out his stuff.

<div class="signaturecontainer">Good transactions with: RooSTER-b, Bro Blue, Oldtone, alloutoftrust,</div>

Comment

fairybet88 wrote:

agen bola

SEYDEL SAXONY

I think this is the only best harmonica that is still "original" German and made by hand is broke with stainless steel reed design is meeting with his slot, aluminum comb and silver reedplate Germany. The result is a highly responsive harmonica, with a density of tone and movement of the slide is very light and agile. Seydel has been known for a very low responsiveness tone light even to draw his tone

Never tried a Seydel, but have played Hohners for about 50 years, and have owned one Lee Oskar.

Attached Files

Comment

HarpArm wrote:

Hi Michael,

Check this out (now shipping):  NAMM Show Award-Winning hands-free harmonica holder:

www.harparm.com

Best regards,

Tim

That's kinda interesting...looks well designed, too!

Comment

Working...
                            X