Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Lane appreciation thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday i had a real battle with all the YNGNITES around here and one had the
    audacity to call yngwie a virtuoso
    well with shawn lane now you are talking about a virtuoso
    makes yngy look like he is standing still on guitar

Comment

bump

"Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
      Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
      http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
      http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

Got this one today:

Comment

I've got that whole show. Some of the stuff left off official release is just awesome.
          There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

Originally posted by Black-diesel
            I've got that whole show. Some of the stuff left off official release is just awesome.
            Any whole songs? If so, which ones? Was "Aga Of The Ladies" in their setlist at that time?

Comment

No Aga was a song recorded later. This show is from September 1996 in Germany. A lot of the songs are just jams. Most people don't realize that this trio was only together 2 years, most of the bootleg recordings are from summer/fall 1996.
              There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

No Aga was a song recorded later. This show is from September 1996 in Germany. A lot of the songs are just jams. Most people don't realize that this trio was only together 2 years, most of the bootleg recordings are from summer/fall 1996.
                Didn't they get back together again later, when they recorded Personae? Or is that an earlier show they released a few years after it was recorded?

Comment

They did get back together for a tour in 2002. Personae is also from the summer/fall 1996 tour. They improvised so much that you can compare 2 shows the same night or a day apart and they will sound completely different.

Comment

They did get back together for a tour in 2002. Personae is also from the summer/fall 1996 tour. They improvised so much that you can compare 2 shows the same night or a day apart and they will sound completely different.
                    I've only heard very little of their music, but I do hear lots of variations in the same songs. It's only the main themes that sound the same, while the rest is completely improvised.

A friend is sending me a 1996 HLS show right now, the one found on that easytree site.

Comment

http://www.noproblemhere.com/phpBB2/index.php

Awesome clips of Shawn (including footage onstage with Buckethead) Also be sure to check out abstractlogix.com for official Shawn Lane releases.

Comment

This is the "lost" song from The Tri-Tone Fascination, I'm sure there are many Lane fans who haven't heard it, so I figured I'd post a link for you:

I Only Want To Know

Comment

Here's a short clip from the Paris DVD:

Leal Souvenir

Comment

Originally posted by Yngtchie Blacksteen
                            Here's a short clip from the Paris DVD:

Leal Souvenir

awesome riffage...

..i hate that singer so much though.
                            "Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
                            Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
                            http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
                            http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

The other day i was watching one of his REH music videos.....i was fooking shocked, the guy can play anything...and in such a melodic way, with great taste...

I liked powers of ten, now im going to check out the tritone fascination
                              I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
                              John Cage

last.fm

my crappy clips

Comment

One of my favourite guitarists.

Comment

Working...
                                X