No announcement yet.

Shawn Lane appreciation thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Lane appreciation thread

This thread is dedicated to my main inspiration these days, and one of the finest musicians who ever lived, Shawn Lane.

A few pictures containing links:

he rocks
    "Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
    Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
    http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

I appreciate him.
      SUPER EVIL INDUSTRIES
      SUPER EVIL FORUMS
      Facebook ~ sonik777@hotmail.com
      "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Originally Posted by Jimmy James

I have the gift of musical tolerance.

Comment

Someone needs to write an "Epilogue for Shawn"
        No one's harder than a New England Gangster.

Comment

My alltime favorite musician.
          There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

Haven't heard much from him but the live version of Epilogue for Lisa I have is simply awesome.
            "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Proud member of the Mazi Bee Kick Ass Militia. | Main gear: EBMM Axis, Tokai LS80F (MIJ), G&L Legacy, Rodriguez classical, Traynor YCV40, Pod XT

Comment

I only discovered him a month or two ago. I saw references to him earlier, but all that talk of super technique and speed made me expect the worst.
              Turns out he was one of the most musical, diverse and emotional guitarists I've heard.
              Love his work with Hellborg, any other recommandations?

Jan
              For sale :

Fender Dual Showman Reverb

Comment

Unbelievable talent, personally not really my thing, but he deserves respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Man In space
                  I only discovered him a month or two ago. I saw references to him earlier, but all that talk of super technique and speed made me expect the worst.
                  Turns out he was one of the most musical, diverse and emotional guitarists I've heard.
                  Love his work with Hellborg, any other recommandations?

Jan

The tritone Facination. Not a lot of over the top solos but the playing and compositions are wonderful.
                  There are four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done!

Comment

Great music!!
                    I have a tomato...

Comment

He deserves a bump.

Comment

An excellant guitar player that will be sadly missed.

Comment

...awesome...
                          He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom

Comment

From first to last
                            The peak is never passed
                            Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes
                            One moment's high, and glory rolls on by
                            Like a streak of lightning
                            That flashes and fades in the summer sky

"my gear list"
                            -GMW Superstrat
                            -Ibanez RG3120
                            -LTD M2

"You can take the man out of the 80's, but you can't take the 80's out of the man" - Paul Gilbert

Comment

The best.

Comment

Working...
                              X