Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vito Bratta appreciation thread

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabulous player! The first time I saw them, I could not believe the tricks & flash he had.
    I'd just never seen anyone doing this stuff during a song & making it fit.
    Fight to Survive, Pride, & Mane Attraction are good records. I don't really care for Big Game.
    He gets labeled as an EVH clone, but I'd rather listen to Vito.

Comment

Originally posted by VH5150

He was doing some wide streches and something poped
      in his hand,and I don't think he ever recovered.

he actually quit in the early 90's when a producer or someone like that, kept urging him to "play sloppy", which obviously he didnt like after years of perfecting his playing. i know he moved into his parents basement and mike tramp has been trying to get him to reunite with white lion for years and he just wont play or leave. im sure there's more to the story but thats the info i got from several sources.

he's one of my faves. that whole first album rules.

>---

You never know what will happen next, but it'll be bigger than you ... and you will be part of it.

Originally Posted by ZestyInternet

You big, retardated son of a bitch I will flip you like a pancake.

Originally Posted by Wa2C

For a guy who goes by FacePuncher, you are a gent of the highest order.

Originally Posted by Shai Hulud

Mexicans and Latin Americans love the Steelers... not the Patriots.

Comment

OMG the solo to Wait is amazing. I also really like the song Little Fighter. I definitely agree that the rest of the band wasn't too amazing but Vito Bratta is an amazing guitarist.

Comment

Originally posted by FacePuncher

he actually quit in the early 90's when a producer or someone like that, kept urging him to "play sloppy", which obviously he didnt like after years of perfecting his playing. i know he moved into his parents basement and mike tramp has been trying to get him to reunite with white lion for years and he just wont play or leave. im sure there's more to the story but thats the info i got from several sources.

yeah, thats right. He quit music and guitar completely for ages but then he finally decided to reunite white lion to play on some bill so he started practice like crazy for hours and hours a day. One day he was playing while laying on his back on his bed and he wrist was at a bad angle and something snapped. last i heard he couldn't play anymore.

thats a warning to everyone to highten your strap.
          Ibanez Jem7BSB
          Ibanez RG770
          Yamaha RGX-TT Ty Tabor
          Engl Screamer 50
          Laney Chrome-O-Zone

Comment

Couldn't put up with that Pussy Mike Tramp long enough to really appreciate Vito.
            Originally Posted by Expressway to yr Skull

Some things just can't be apologized enough for. James Blunt is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by LIAR-502

One day he was playing while laying on his back on his bed and he wrist was at a bad angle and something snapped. last i heard he couldn't play anymore.

Wow. I play lying on my back all the time

Maybe i should stop

Comment

Actually, this is what I'd heard:

-He disbanded white Lion because producers DID actually ask him to play like a beginner.

-He told the producers that he didn't practice for years on end to play like a beginner and just quit.

-Then later he ran an internet website for the recovery of stolen instruments.

-After that he did get an offer to reunite the band on one of those package tours.

-He'd been playing classical guitar during the bands down years just to keep some involvement.

-Apparently he practiced too overzealously and did indeed injure his hands due to some isometrics book (ironically, I think it was the same book that messed up Adrian Vandenburg's hands too).

-I'd like him to play again, maybe he just needs to take six months off and start all over and start slow.

-That's all I know.

And:
                "There will never be an original White Lion re-union", Mike Tramp, 11-13-2004, from:
                "http://www.geocities.com/mike_whitelion_tramp/news.html"

Comment

I love the guy. He mixes technique and melody better than just about anyone. Shows off his licks, but at the same time it sounds entirely musical. I've only heard Pride, but now I think I need to get the rest of his stuff.
                  Rock, or do not rock. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfartz
                    i love his playing

he's one of my favorites. great note choices, perfect delivery. its too bad people always think he's an EVH clone......he's got his own thing going on - and alot of people won't give any band from that era a chance, but they are missing some great stuff.

Because of our discussion on your White Lion thread I got my hands on a copy of Pride and Big Game. I carefully listened both of them 3 times trying to be sure that I wasn't missing something. I found nothing interesting on either CD.
                    Originally Posted by requiem156

I don't have to find something to dislike - it comes naturally.

Comment

"Wait" has THE BEST LEAD GUITAR SOLO of the hair band era.
                      It's that good.
                      "I don't flatten my 5th's..........I drink em !"
                      "The Mighty Telecaster: The "Polygraph" Of Electric Guitars!"

Comment

I'm very impressed by his tapping technique. Some guitarists sound very unatural using tapping (clearly using it as a show-off thing) but guitarists like Vito Bratta and Van Halen really have the tapping down naturally.

Comment

The solos in Wait and Little Fighter are definitely incredible. Technique + melody is something not easily mixed by most guitarists, especially in hair metal. Vito is/was damn good.

Comment

Has anybody seen the tab to the Wait solo anywhere? That's not one I could figure out by ear.

I found the intro at a bunch of places but nothing that includes the solo.
                            http://www.greggirardin.net
                            http://www.thebandtheroad.com

Comment

i also love mane attraction!! album rocks!!!
                              Check out my website and download my cd, Carousel @:
                              www.johnmendozamusic.com
                              www.myspace.com/johnmendozamusic

My Gear:
                              PRS Custom 22 PURPLE
                              PRS Custom 22 Vintage Yellow
                              Peavey Wolfgang
                              EB MM Morse y2k in PURPLE!!!!!
                              Gibson LP Standard
                              Ibanez Jem 7EAFX
                              Fender Lonestar Strat
                              Taylor 314CE
                              EVH 5150 III MINI

XT Brotherhood

Buy my first CD
                              http://cdbaby.com/cd/johnmendoza

Comment

Originally posted by mystixboi1
                                i also love mane attraction!! album rocks!!!

Definately. I thought it was a big improvement over "Big Game".
                                If you can find it, checkout their debut- "Fight to Survive". It isn't nearly as polished and is much rawer. But the record rocks. I actually like it better than "Mane Attraction".

Comment

Working...
                                X