No announcement yet.

Donnas guitarist laments ongoing grunge "backlash"

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wes_Powell
    And the smoke signal goes up in the loser forum. How 'ya doin' Martling? Good holidays I hope?

-wp

I think you'd be suprised which people post at the "Loosers Forum".

Yes you've worked out that Wookie, me, martling etc etc post there but quite a few people who have grown tired of your repetative lame ass **************** post there too now.

Soon it'll be just you and Jammity James (Nice xmas letter to trape btw!) with a side order of Auggie and some Rog3r sprinkled on top, to keep this "modern rock sucks" campaign limping along.

-MTG
    Originally Posted by Tom Fucherheigen

He is an adult now, but he is a child in the trousers.

Originally Posted by clay sails

This is essentially the same as married life, except that when you get married you share space with someone who washes your cum socks.

Comment

she has a nice little round rack ..yum

great tone and great feel in her playing ...fun band!
      Member of the Super Awesome Les Paul VM Owners Club!
      Dann's the Man Gmajor thread
      Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt1
      Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt2
      Problems with Gmajors wheels? click here!

er of the -fx and the JVM

Comment

Originally posted by cavemanic
        she has a nice little round rack ..yum

just gotta tweak the knobs to adjust the tone.
        "Ohmygod, don't give phunkyfred2 a harp guiter---" ~ Danocoustic

Loyal Bucketbot
        Commander of the HCGJ division

Toneport Mafia.
        http://www.myspace.com/phunkyphred
        http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=phunkyphred

i'm not wearing pants.

Comment

Originally posted by phunkyphredv2

just gotta tweak the knobs to adjust the tone.

or maybe pinch them to get more definition

there were plenty of hot chicks at the show I was at to .....I was working them
          Member of the Super Awesome Les Paul VM Owners Club!
          Dann's the Man Gmajor thread
          Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt1
          Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt2
          Problems with Gmajors wheels? click here!

er of the -fx and the JVM

Comment

She's sad that people these days are supposedly down on "sloppy and lame and covered up their crap with fuzz boxes".

The horrah.

Is she seeing some return to quality in mainstream rock that I'm missing?

-wp

I believe you totally missunderstood her point. She said:

"I think it also hurts rock guitar that the grunge backlash hasn't died down-that all the players were sloppy and lame and they covered up their crap with fuzz boxes."

She's not talking about a backlash towards grunge, she's saying that grunge is the backlash and is still ongoing.

"To me, however, Kurt Cobain was the epitome of a really cool, interesting guitar player. A lot of people say he was no virtuoso, but you know what? He was probably playing cooler stuff than you were! Kurt went against the grain and showed guitarists that they don't have to be technical charlatans and I really wish more of today's players would be just as rebellious."

Here she's saying that despite Kurt Cobain not be a virtuoso he played some interesting guitar and showed that you don't have to be a technical player to make good rock music.
            I hope this clears things up for you and damn you for making me type all that!

I also agree that she's incredibly hot!
            ~ Fear is your only god ~

Comment

On account of that interview and some recommendations 'round hereabouts, I checked out The Donnas catalog. They're a tight band, been touring and recording for over 10 years, and are stylistic chameleons. They've had more in common with Motley Crue than Nirvana, although they did use a punk persona to break out with their first album or so.

Besides, Grunge has been riding Pearl Jam Ten's coattails since long after Pearl Jam got over it and moved on, and hasn't really addressed Nirvana's style in any way shape or form. I agree with her; The stale yarling, vague clanging guitars, and predictable inane percussion's crap.

If she's seeing a resurgence in rock worth listening to, good chance she's looking in the mirror. These are some VERY smart, very talented women making a difference by DOING it, instead of just whining about it.

I diggem.

A fool can toss a stone into a pond which a thousand wise men cannot retrieve...

Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.

Comment

Well...My seven year old that turns eight today(Happy Birthday Jodi) is getting a sony walkman and 2 cd's...Nellie McKay and The Donnas...
                While we're at it,let me say that you could fill two busses with the girls that I hit between 1982-1990...

"Music doesn't need to be great to be good...."

"You can't steal,what you can't feel"....Tom Petty

HCGB # 73

........__o
                ....._

Comment

Two of them are real hotties, they're good musicians and write some cool rock songs with real attitude. What's not to like?

Comment

Damn, Wes. The horse decomposed years ago. You are now beating the powdered bones.

Aren't you interested in anything else but reinforcing your superiority complex?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherinian gonnabe
                      Three of them are real hotties, they're good musicians and right some cool rock songs with real attitude. What's not to like?

Corrected.
                      Part of The MAZI BEE MILTIA m/ m/

Les Pauls & Marshalls = Rock !!!

Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

I'd imagine that putting it in Denise Richards has the heroin-like effect of making you realize the rest of your life isn't worth living. Maybe that's just me.

Comment

Donnas rule. Allison's hot. No criticism permitted.

Carry on.
                        Good deals with: "georgestrings," "Radiohead, lol," "Dr. Scottie C," "sonaboy," "elliseye," "FckStick Jones," "Outlier," "Polk Salad." "lowbrow," "rindgecore," "rparchen," "archer28," "dangolguitartec," "Mr. Goodbomb," "pinchegordo," "xopyc," "tincob," "waveman," "blueshawk1," "JoshuaTSP," "SPONGEBOB," "clarksean," "xtchc1978," "panoramic," "jimmyjameb0," "gschmittling," "C1993," "LUVSWATCH," "Markus RN," "imarks."

Comment

I'd pay $10 to hear Allison piss in a beer can over the phone.
                          *(*

Comment

Originally posted by gaspergoo
                            I'd pay $10 to hear Allison piss in a beer can over the phone.
                            I'll pee in a beer can and talk in falsetto for $5..
                            While we're at it,let me say that you could fill two busses with the girls that I hit between 1982-1990...

"Music doesn't need to be great to be good...."

"You can't steal,what you can't feel"....Tom Petty

HCGB # 73

........__o
                            ....._

Comment

Originally posted by tompetty
                              I'll pee in a beer can and talk in falsetto for $5..
                              only if you look like Dolly Parton. ph# BR5-49
                              *(*

Comment

people these days are supposedly down on "sloppy and lame and covered up their crap with fuzz boxes".

i would like to express my mock outrage that people are going down on sloppy lame fuzz boxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X